LK-7300: Cannot Comprehend Page 6 of Manual

PeteCress4

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Lukas 7300, F500L HD
viz: http://tinyurl.com/mqqmdah

Maybe it's me... but I find this mostly incomprehensible.

I get something about the angle of view affecting picture quality, but they lose me after that.

Given that the camera needs to be placed behind the rear-view mirror and should be as close to the center of the windshield as possible - it doesn't seem to leave much room for variation once the cam is pointed towards where the vehicle is going. Yet the example pictures show a great deal of variation.

Can somebody describe the basic idea?

Last edited by a moderator:
not sure what bit you're not getting, they're just pointing out the differences achieved depending on how you aim the camera, too much sky and there'll be a lot of movement to capture, aiming it down across the hood of your vehicle will give a better result, they're also pointing out that the center of the lens is the most accurate, not everyone has the option to mount the camera top middle of the windshield so this may be a consideration in some case if the camera needs to be turned left or right too much, if you can mount your behind the mirror then not an issue for you

jokiin said:
not sure what bit you're not getting...
Pretty much all of it. The English just does not make sense. This is true of much of the manual. It reads like somebody ran the Korean through BabbleFish or Google Translate or something - as opposed to having it re-written by a native English speaker.

Check out E.M Scott's review of the 7900 32-gig on Amazon.com. He makes a similar (albeit more diplomatic) observation.

They're just pointing out the differences achieved depending on how you aim the camera, too much sky and there'll be a lot of movement to capture, aiming it down across the hood of your vehicle will give a better result, they're also pointing out that the center of the lens is the most accurate, not everyone has the option to mount the camera top middle of the windshield so this may be a consideration in some case if the camera needs to be turned left or right too much, if you can mount your behind the mirror then not an issue for you
Thanks! I will aim lower and minimize the sky.

Back