LK-7500 adjust focus?

johnf

Reaction score
Country
United States
The focus on my new LK-7500 is poorly adjusted. Well, it would be perfect if the street was 1 foot ahead of the camera. I've tested carefully in and out of the car, and the focus is perfect from 1' to 2'. Beyond 2' out to infinity it is out of focus.

Has anyone had luck taking the camera apart to adjust focus? Or, how is Lukas's customer service for this sort of thing? I know a number of folks have had this problem with the 7500 / 7900, but haven't read of a resolution to this. I know I cannot live with it though. Any help is appreciated.

Dear,

Please refer that to your reseller and receive warranty.
Or please email us at cs@astrobile.com since we can provide you as many assistance as we can.

Best regards,
Jason

right... and contacting cs@astrobile.com would be different how?
Arrange to return the product I'd expect, hard to tell with astrobile as some of the posts read like Yoda wrote them, English is obviously not their mother tongue though so you have to try and read between the lines

So... why not just make the offer here?
Maybe I'm pulling the trigger too soon so I'll just back off and let DashCamMan run his forum. Apologies to everyone for the ugly interruption.

So... why not just make the offer here?
Maybe I'm pulling the trigger too soon so I'll just back off and let DashCamMan run his forum. Apologies to everyone for the ugly interruption.
To be honest it's not easy to tell sometimes if its an offer of help or an attempt to drum up business

Since we don't have your camera's image or video, we are not sure how the current status is.

FYI, the camera is designed to be located on windshield to see 3:7 ratio (car bonnet : sight in front of car)
Please refer to attached image file. For good focus, the ratio should be at least 2:8.
Otherwise, focus can be easily disturbed by sun ray or backlight.

First of all, please check your video and adjust the location of your camera.
If it's still lost focus, then, the camera might be damaged or with some problem.

We do not recommend you to open the camera.
If the item has technical problem, we would like to recommend you to get warranty service from your reseller.
The reseller should provide you any service if the item is within manufacturer's defect on it.

If your reseller can't be helpful,
we can provide you paid warranty service, (No cost for repair or replacement, only US$10~20 shipping cost necessary in accordance with your location)
We can forward your item to manufacturer, send you repaired or replaced item.

You can also contact us at cs@astrobile.com. We're more than willing to assist you.

Best regards,
Jason

Attachments

• goodviewratio.jpg
    goodviewratio.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Maybe the problem comes from the lens or the mirror itself. You can refer to your reseller for finding out more information.
Alternatively, you can contact us at cs@astrobile.com. We're more than willing to assist you.

Best regards,
Jason
Are you going to assist with a fix under warranty, what help are you offering exactly?

<<<
FYI, the camera is designed to be located on windshield to see 3:7 ratio (car bonnet : sight in front of car)
Please refer to attached image file. For good focus, the ratio should be at least 2:8.
Otherwise, focus can be easily disturbed by sun ray or backlight
>>>

I don't really understand this, as no dash cam that I'm aware of uses a variable focus lens - they are all fixed focus using the theory that the use of small aperature will give acceptable focus from perhaps 2 meters to infinity. Sun or backlight can certainly adversly affect the image, but not because of focus.

I think he is just misreading and misinterpreting the recommendation in the Lukas manual for camera aim. To frame the view with 40% hood

6) Recommended Product Installation Angle.

Recommendation is that 40% hood and 60% view is best for maintaining brightness and resolution.
Tradeoff between view and AE fluctuation. Nothing to do with focus.

I would love to be able to manually adjust the focus, instead of shipping it back to South Korea. Tried to take my cam apart but couldn't open the top latches :(

Back