LK-7900 3M double sided tape, difference between the two?

Jazzist

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Lukas LK7900 (stolen)
LK-7900 3M double sided tape,

Does anyone know the difference between the two included in the box apart from hot/child and which is which?

Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Re: LK-7900 3M double sided tape, difference between the two

Pretty sure they are the same? one is spare I thought..

They are different colours (bright red /dark red) and the Lukas website says hot / cold?

I will check again, am I going mad? :)
At the moment.. Highly likely!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

One's for countries with hot climate and the other is for cold climate, although there are no labels which is which. I've used both and don't see a difference.

Swordfish said:
One's for countries with hot climate and the other is for cold climate, although there are no labels which is which. I've used both and don't see a difference.
Maybe they are seasonable. It gets over 100F here in the summer and well below zero in the winter. I would wonder just how long people think they will last in constant wild weather. Years or months? I am trying to locate a few spare plastic mounts. The one I have in the front is considerably easier to dismount than the one in my back window. The one in the front has been there about a month longer then the stiff one in the rear. I park inside every night and in the shade at work. When will these plastic mounts become tempered and eventually break would a concern.

Dark red is for hot climate (Arizona, Florida....) the other is for medium climate. Don't know which one will last longer.

AlDrake, agree, I think the plastic mount will deteriorate before the tape and also a bit my concern. Where can we get a new one?
BTW My 7900 shuts down in noon/afternoon, to hot in the car but it comes back pretty fast once start driving and A/C.
Be also aware, (USA law) if your car is parked in your driveway and your camera is recording, the car is considered on private property and on private property it is illegal to record somebody's voice without them knowing it.

george55321 said:
Dark red is for hot climate (Arizona, Florida....) the other is for medium climate. Don't know which one will last longer.

AlDrake, agree, I think the plastic mount will deteriorate before the tape and also a bit my concern. Where can we get a new one?
BTW My 7900 shuts down in noon/afternoon, to hot in the car but it comes back pretty fast once start driving and A/C.
Be also aware, (USA law) if your car is parked in your driveway and your camera is recording, the car is considered on private property and on private property it is illegal to record somebody's voice without them knowing it.

I am looking for a new mount but haven't had any luck yet. How hot did it get? I was thinking of using a thermometer to monitor the temp when it gets real hot later this summer. Can you post a link to the law you are referring to? How did you learn about this law? What is the penalty for a violation? I wonder if you posted a warning stating you are recording it that would be alright. I know you can do it if you are on the phone.

Have you asked Lukas if they will supply the spare mount?
They are quite responsive to emails.

Jazzist said:

I am hoping to hear back from them soon. I inquired about "at least 2" along with the tape.

Al Drake said:
Jazzist said:

I am hoping to hear back from them soon. I inquired about "at least 2" along with the tape.
Cool, I would be interested to know the price when they reply. :ugeek:

Jazzist said:
Al Drake said:
Jazzist said:

Cool, I would be interested to know the price when they reply. :ugeek:
I'll let you know the day I hear from them. I am not concerned about the price. I plan on having a few spares no matter what they are charging. I could have a few made as I have access to a high tech machine shop but I'd rather have the original equipment.

I'm really lovin' this camera. I wish there was an added feature which I actually think would be great. We really need a range finder because watching the video doesn't show how close the car in front of you is. It looks farther away than it actually is.

Mine has already snapped. :cry:

DSCN0058.JPG

jamesbcd said:
Mine has already snapped. :cry:

DSCN0058.JPG
Oh, **** :-(

Al Drake said:
I'll let you know the day I hear from them. I am not concerned about the price. I plan on having a few spares no matter what they are charging. I could have a few made as I have access to a high tech machine shop but I'd rather have the original equipment.

I had a reply from them the other day so I'll reply to this and ask as well :)

Jazzist said:
Al Drake said:

I had a reply from them the other day so I'll reply to this and ask as well :)
Does the thing still work? Can you describe how it happen? The first time I tried this strange mount I was worried. It's a nice feature being able to move it but once you have it set I don't see any use for it.

Apple CT has the spare mounts, shoot him a PM :-D

Excellent seller.

Jazzist said:
Apple CT has the spare mounts, shoot him a PM :-D

Excellent seller.
Great news. I am very familiar with this apple-CT. I will give him a shout.

Thank you very much.

No problem.

I don't know whether or not to get a spare or be very careful with it.

I won't be moving it much and assume the spares will be available for a while, maybe I should see how I get on first.

If it does break it's realy handy to have a spare to hand though, hmm.. decisions :?

Got the car now so will be fitting and trying the camera for the first time this weekend.

The mount still works, no problem. I didn't even know it had snapped until I read your guys posts about getting a spare one.
I can only imagine it snapped whilst taking the camera out. I left the cam in the car 24/7 so I didn't take it out the mount very much. Maybe I was a bit rough on the few times I did take it out. :oops:

Jazzist said:
No problem.

I don't know whether or not to get a spare or be very careful with it.

I won't be moving it much and assume the spares will be available for a while, maybe I should see how I get on first.

If it does break it's realy handy to have a spare to hand though, hmm.. decisions :?

Got the car now so will be fitting and trying the camera for the first time this weekend.

I'm happy to learn you have your new car. I bet your psyched. I hope you can post some photos showing your dash can install of coarse. I think you might be snapping your camera in and out more than you realize. Many think they will just be mounting it and forget about it but I know it needs to be cleaned occasionally. That's one of the things I like about the LUKAS. Most photographers if not a huge majority keep a UV lens mounted simply for protecting the original lens from dust. It's better to have to clean the filter. The dash of a car can be the one of the most dusty environments one will ever see. I never open my windows and always have the A/C running and have to clean every other day.

I'd definitely keep a spare mount and tape. I've found that removing the tape is no big deal either. I use a hair dryer and apply heat from the outside. The tape peels off effortlessly. That plastic won't bond with any type of cement either so be careful if you don't have a spare.

I have to email Apple-CT tonight about getting another Lukas and those mounts. I haven't gotten any response from LUKAS email.

Back