LK-7900 3M double sided tape, difference between the two?

Re: LK-7900 3M double sided tape, difference between the two

Glad Jazzist did all the "Legwork" now I only have to order the spare bracket as soon as they have paypal available. Thanks for it.

Jazzist said:
Ok chaps.. He gave me permission to post our private emails to the public forum ;)
"Yes you can post them on the website of course. "

"The spare battery for LK-530 is as follows;

· 2600mA - $36.50
· 3000mA - $55.00
· Spare mounting bracket set - $ 4.60

And shipping fee will be charged."

Contact is:
Mi Jin Yoon
Overseas Sales Team
E-mail: m j y o o n AT q r o n t e c h DOT c o m

Also, in the future:
"We are considering building up a proper online payment system such as PayPal on Lukas website so users can purchase products especially such an extra accessories directly from us. So sooner or later we will find the best method for overseas users whatever it would be. "

They're also lurking here:
"I visited and read some posts there and found they are interesting. J I’m glad that Black boxes are getting popular and to be known by people world widely. "

Also said that he's happy to discuss the products like we have been doing:
"Thank you for providing me good information. Such an opinion or feedback on the website can help us improve our firmware as well as products.
Email me again if you have more queries.
Cheers"

Best wishes,
Jazzist.

I just don't get it. I emailed LUKAS at that address and another to a different addy last week and got no response. Apple-CT is my go to guy so I don't think I will bother with the guys at LUKAS. He has always given me the lowest prices and quickest delivery.

I'd go with Apple-CT at least he has a payment method and runs an experienced online business selling these parts internationally.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Jazzist said:
I'd go with Apple-CT at least he has a payment method and runs an experienced online business selling these parts internationally.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

He has always been my number one seller. Honestly I think LUKAS should send out replacements for free as these brackets are obviously defective design. I was hoping to get a reply so I could let them know what I think and just how many it seems are have them break.

I've emailed Mi Jin back to let him know that people aren't happy about these mounts cracking after only a few uses.

Will let you know what he says.

HTH.

$28 for a couple of plastic mounts that break easily is extortion. I think I'll wait for Lukas's Paypal account.

Sent from my Galaxy Note

At least half of that is shipping. Price won't be much different. Better to buy multiple things at once to reduce shipping hit eg another camera.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Swordfish said:
$28 for a couple of plastic mounts that break easily is extortion. I think I'll wait for Lukas's Paypal account.

Sent from my Galaxy Note
Are we sure they brake because they are poor design of is it mishandling? $28.00 is nothing but pocket change. I haven't read about anyone asking LUKAS if they care to replace them if they simple "break easy". With all these accounts of them needing replacement I would think that is the way to go. Who will be the first to complain to them?

In the third world where I come from, $28 is a lot of money. Anyway, mine isn't broken so there's no need to buy.

Sent from my Galaxy Note

Swordfish said:
In the third world where I come friom, $28 is a lot of money. Anyway, mine isn't broken so there's no need to buy.

Sent from my Galaxy Note

Sure, but is it a lot of money to you? There's a third world right here in the United States and I bet not many of them jobs or dash cams. You seem to have far more than many.

Al Drake said:
Swordfish said:
In the third world where I come friom, $28 is a lot of money. Anyway, mine isn't broken so there's no need to buy.

Sent from my Galaxy Note

Sure, but is it a lot of money to you? There's a third world right here in the United States and I bet not many of them jobs or dash cams. You seem to have far more than many.
If it wasn't, I would have bought those mounts in a heartbeat. :mrgreen: I do tend to balance quality and price to save me some money (and heartache) in the end, because you really get what you pay for.

Swordfish said:
Al Drake said:
Swordfish said:

Sent from my Galaxy Note

If it wasn't, I would have bought those mounts in a heartbeat. :mrgreen: I do tend to balance quality and price to save me some money (and heartache) in the end, because you really get what you pay for.

Well, lets hope we get what we pay for in life. Sometimes more than we bargain for but I think these Lukas cameras are a fairly good deal. Considering what I've spent in the past for technology that is now out dated. Let's hope these dash cams last awhile.

Ok, here we go..

"
Regarding the mounting bracket, it is designed to be affixed to the windscreen and hold Black box tight as you already know. Otherwise black box would loosen and fall out of the bracket while driving.

When taking the black box out of the bracket, please make sure to remove one side(spoing part of the bracket) first and then pull out the other side as you rotate the black box slightly.

Since we started this business, this issue has never been brought up so far though, can I ask why you take the black box out of the bracket several times? Is that because you have another car to use the black box?

In Korea, those who need spare brackets they normally purchase extra ones though but I reckon shipping cost seems to be a burden for overseas users.
"

You guys rotated the black box :?:

Maybe you just need to be more careful in the way it's taken out to stop it snapping.

Jazzist said:
Ok, here we go..

"
Regarding the mounting bracket, it is designed to be affixed to the windscreen and hold Black box tight as you already know. Otherwise black box would loosen and fall out of the bracket while driving.

When taking the black box out of the bracket, please make sure to remove one side(spoing part of the bracket) first and then pull out the other side as you rotate the black box slightly.

Since we started this business, this issue has never been brought up so far though, can I ask why you take the black box out of the bracket several times? Is that because you have another car to use the black box?

In Korea, those who need spare brackets they normally purchase extra ones though but I reckon shipping cost seems to be a burden for overseas users.
"

You guys rotated the black box :?:

Maybe you just need to be more careful in the way it's taken out to stop it snapping.

Hey there,

Two main reasons: We have a different car to use, and also in certain places is better to hidde the camera because thieves will try to smash my window to get the camera.

Also, here in Florida the temperature is very high, and that together with extensive sun exposure may damage the camera (sometimes I go out of town and leave my car outside for several days under the sun.

Thanks!

Back