LK-7900 Firmware Version AC19 (April 23) and Updated Viewer

Swordfish

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I got an e-mail from Qrontech about new firmware (v19) for the LK-7900.
There's also an updated viewer.

Improvements supposedly include:
1. Image quality improvement
Daytime/nighttime color adjusted
2. Display Message In OSD Added
- On initial power-up: POWER ON
- In a low voltage: LOW POWER
3. AC Power Frequency Settings (Flicker phenomenon improved)
i.e.) Korea / USA a 60Hz (30fps)
Japan / Europe
4. System Stabilization Improved
Intermittent flashing symptom improvement

I wonder if by "Daytime/nighttime color adjusted", auto white balance under incandescent lighting has been improved for more accurate whites. There's only one way to find out. :idea:

Cheers,
Swordfish

Re: LK-7900 Firmware Version AC19 (April 23) and Updated Vie

Thank swordfish!

Noob question:

My folks are in Korea and they'll pick me up LK-7900 ACE... most likely it'll have Korean software on it. Can that be overwritten with the new firmware and will with change the language setting to English?

joeyjoejoe said:
Noob question:

My folks are in Korea and they'll pick me up LK-7900 ACE... most likely it'll have Korean software on it. Can that be overwritten with the new firmware and will with change the language setting to English?
You can choose English or Korean within the viewer itself.

Sent from my Galaxy Note

I truly hope the White balance and night time flicker is fixed. Please post vids after you've done the firmware update.

from my iP 5 via Tapa.

Swordfish said:
You can choose English or Korean within the viewer itself.

Sent from my Galaxy Note

Thanks and thanks for posting the ungrade... It'll come in handy when my folks get back.

Glad they are updating it, standing behind it :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

joeyjoejoe said:
Thanks and thanks for posting the ungrade... It'll come in handy when my folks get back.
Why don't you just buy online? I'm curious. Shipping is really quick, less than a week for me. You can get it for $200~

I tested the camera last night. Unfortunately, the yellow cast is still there under incandescent lighting.

I have to note that even my SLR behaves the same way by choosing not to adjust the whites when shooting under yellow streetlamps.

Oh well.

Sent from my Galaxy Note

Swordfish said:
I tested the camera last night. Unfortunately, the yellow cast is still there under incandescent lighting.

I have to note that even my SLR behaves the same way by choosing not to adjust the whites when shooting under yellow streetlamps.

Oh well.

Sent from my Galaxy Note

Any vid?

from my iP 5 via Tapa.

mrkookm said:
Swordfish said:

Oh well.

Sent from my Galaxy Note

Any vid?

from my iP 5 via Tapa.
Didn't notice any change in quality so you might as well check the videos I linked to before.

rollindts said:
Anyone else have the problem with the updated Viewer that is titled Eng is actually Korean? I cant find the Apr 23rd ACE viewer in English.. can anyone help?

http://www.lukashd.com/gnuboard4/bbs/bo ... r&wr_id=12

only the setup was korean but it easy to figure what button was 'next' etc. when installed, it's in english

Last edited by a moderator:

thanks - ill give it another try - i tried going through the install in korean but it never made any progress .. will see what happens

I just received my new camera. When I turn it on, it says the firmware is AC21. The latest on the website is AC19. So should I or shouldn't I update the firmware?

I also have AC21, but it's a beta firmware. No need to change if you're happy with the results.

seananderson said:
I just received my new camera. When I turn it on, it says the firmware is AC21. The latest on the website is AC19. So should I or shouldn't I update the firmware?

I would think that AC19 is not an upgrade from AC21. The site must have some docs on the new FW and date of release.

Back