LK-7900 night test

murbul

Reaction score
Just wanted to share my night test footage.

I was disappointed with my first test. There was a lot of glare and oncoming vehicles basically blinded the whole screen. Then I removed the UV filter and noticed there was a lot of smudging and prints on the INSIDE :roll: It came attached so don't know how they got there. After removing the filter it's a LOT better. Just a tip if you have problems with quality at night.

This is with default settings except Highest Video Quality(11) and AE Settings(Low)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=113DfkEtlGE&hd=1

No editing, just 4x increased speed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for sharing. I have wanted to upload a good example of my nighttime experience but I have had other factors get in the way that were out of my control (mist/fog, filthy windshield). Then when I finally corrected those issues I found my night video flickering on default settings. Since I don't often drive the car my camera is in installed in during the evenings I have not been able to test it since but I did decide my next try will also be with the AE setting at low to see if this improves quality. Daytime is fantastic!

BOM said:
Then when I finally corrected those issues I found my night video flickering on default settings.

have you set the frequency to 60Hz, default is often 50Hz which will show flickering from any AC powered lighting in your videos

Back