LK-7950 quality issues

snailtrail

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi All,

Just a review of my experiences with this dashcam.

Not a cheap unit and was hoping for reliability - but alas no:

1: Unit arrived faulty - would not connect up to WIFI - result camera unit replaced.
2: 6 months later second unit faulty. This time multiple issues including: on/off button melted to on, camera bracket cracked, rubber seal inside leans deformed and out of position. About to send it back.

For $400 more was expected - happy I paid the extra to buy off retailer as I'm a frequent warranty flyer.

Anyone else has quality issues?

My unit never had any issue.
Are you using it in extreme heat?

Hi All,

Just a review of my experiences with this dashcam.

Not a cheap unit and was hoping for reliability - but alas no:

1: Unit arrived faulty - would not connect up to WIFI - result camera unit replaced.
2: 6 months later second unit faulty. This time multiple issues including: on/off button melted to on, camera bracket cracked, rubber seal inside leans deformed and out of position. About to send it back.

For $400 more was expected - happy I paid the extra to buy off retailer as I'm a frequent warranty flyer.

Anyone else has quality issues?

do you use parking mode?

Response today is the camera is being replaced - but for how long will it last = what happens when its out of warranty?

Sunny: I live in a hot climate - yes - but would expect the Lukas to last - this is what they are made for.
I have two ITB-100's in the other car without melting/falling apart issues they are older and have been used in hotter conditions.

jokiin: Yes parking mode is used - and used in the itb100's also without issues. Rated Operating Temp -30˚C to 80˚C

I suppose if Lukas cant build a camera that can stand the heat of a car and not use it parking function then it cant be called a dashcam...
$400 for only 12 months worth of dashcam usage wont get me to resign with Lukas again.

Last edited:
jokiin: Yes parking mode is used - and used in the itb100's also without issues. Rated Operating Temp -30˚C to 80˚C

I suppose if Lukas cant build a camera that can stand the heat of a car and not use it parking function then it cant be called a dashcam...
$400 for only 12 months worth of dashcam usage wont get me to resign with Lukas again.

challenge is in our climate you can see temps higher than 80°c at the camera at times if parked outside in full sun in summer, bad enough as it is but running a camera in those conditions can kill even the best of cameras

Well Camera no. 3 has fallen apart.
Korean cameras are meant to be among the best...

Issues - again:
On/off button melted to on,
Camera bracket will not hold camera firmly and afraid to tighten as may crack as last bracket did,
Rubber seal inside leans deformed and out of position.

Very disappointing.

our climate is too hot to use parking mode all the time, can get away with it sometimes but in some situations it's just too much

After 1 year. Segment display failed
After 2 years the internal speaker failed as well. All voice announcements are distorted.
That's my only way to know the status of the camera which is gone now.
Think Lukas is not built to last too long.
Disappointed with the quality!

Just noticed some of the LED segments in the message bar are not illuminating.

Back