LK-7950 with OBDII installation question

Shooperman

Reaction score
Country
United States
I bought a 7950 D-Type (with Wi-Fi ,GPS and OBDII included), but the retailer sent me a B-Type (Wi-Fi and GPS only) and a separate box including an OBDII module (the LK-750 B-Type with only a micro-USB plug). It was my understanding that the camera would receive power, as well as data, from the OBDII module (despite having two separate plugs on the camera itself). However, when I plugged in everything, the camera would not power on. Do I also need to hard wire the power with the cable included in the 7950 B-type box? The retailer claims my car is not compatible, but it's clearly on the compatible list (2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe).

Does anyone on here have the OBDII installed/working on the 7950? If so, how do you have it installed?

Thanks.

So I installed the camera(s) and everything works. It might be vehicle specific, but mine does draw power from the OBDII port, no hardwire needed. Not sure what I did wrong the first time, but it's working fine now. Flashed the Fd11 firmware and all is well. I can't use my own memory cards for some reason, it keeps displaying the code to format them, despite being formatted in the camera and the viewer. But that's a separate issue...

Do you know if you can select what OBD features to show on the video? I only want to show speed + turn signals, and I'm not sure if this camera allows you to show just those two things, and not steering, braking, rpms, etc.

unless you drive a Hyundai you're not likely to get a lot of information from the OBD in the video anyway

Do you know if you can select what OBD features to show on the video? I only want to show speed + turn signals, and I'm not sure if this camera allows you to show just those two things, and not steering, braking, rpms, etc.
I dont belive you can choose which features the camera shows on the video. From the last OBD2 install I did, I believe it was all or nothing.

So I installed the camera(s) and everything works. It might be vehicle specific, but mine does draw power from the OBDII port, no hardwire needed. Not sure what I did wrong the first time, but it's working fine now. Flashed the Fd11 firmware and all is well. I can't use my own memory cards for some reason, it keeps displaying the code to format them, despite being formatted in the camera and the viewer. But that's a separate issue...

You will likely need to use Lukas brand memory cards.

Back