LK-9390 no sound recording

ghaynes754

Reaction score
Country
United States
Finally got around to mounting my new LK-9390. I did the firmware update to 1.03 and also the viewer to 1.4.2. Doesn't seem to be recording any sound other than the initial start greeting and then can't hear anything else even though the radio is playing. I also hear the chirps if I use the touchpad.

Probably user error but what am I missing?

Have you adjusted the mic setting?
Adjust to 3(up) and see if that helps.

3541f385c78bcc7efcc3da3033c4c130.jpg

Robert it was at 3 and I have tried 2 as a value. No difference. I'll play with it some more tomorrow. I'll also take a look at the files in Premier so that I can see the audio when I get some more files on Sunday.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Ok sounds good.
Let's see what you find.
You might need to get a replacement.
I'll also check how loud the Audio is on my 9390.
I don't normally very listen the my dash camera footage lol.
We should be able to figure out if it's a issue with your camera or the system/ firmware.

Retried it again today with a couple of short trips. No sound being played back through the Lukas Viewer App. This is the Mac 1.4.2 version running on El Capitan 10.11.3. I checked in running VM Ware and Win 8 and the Lukas app 1.2.2 and the sound works fine.

It does have sound, actually pretty good, when played back through my editing program, Adobe Premiere. So likely an issue with the Mac Version of Lukas App. Any other suggestions appreciated. Rest of camera working as expected with parking and events.

Screen Shot 2016-01-31 at 11.12.24 AM.png Screen Shot 2016-01-31 at 11.11.59 AM.png

Last edited:
Back