LK530 in Gen II Prius Question

MexiCanuck

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I received my LK7900 last week and I have it in my 2004 Prius. It has mounted well behind the interior mirror, on the passenger side making it almost not visible for the driver. It is a bit awkward to access the buttons, but I rarely use them anyway.

I am having problems figuring out the best way to install the LK530 that I got along with the LK7900. I bought a low profile fuse tap, thinking I could tap always-on power from one of the fuses in the fuse box that is under the dashboard to the left of the steering column. I have not been able to find an always-on fuse there. Does anyone know if there is one?

If there is not, it looks like I will have to go to the fuse box under the hood and use the dome light fuse. I have looked for a reasonable access through the firewall and have fallen short on that as well. Does anyone have any tips on that?

MexiCanuck said:
I received my LK7900 last week and I have it in my 2004 Prius. It has mounted well behind the interior mirror, on the passenger side making it almost not visible for the driver. It is a bit awkward to access the buttons, but I rarely use them anyway.

I am having problems figuring out the best way to install the LK530 that I got along with the LK7900. I bought a low profile fuse tap, thinking I could tap always-on power from one of the fuses in the fuse box that is under the dashboard to the left of the steering column. I have not been able to find an always-on fuse there. Does anyone know if there is one?

If there is not, it looks like I will have to go to the fuse box under the hood and use the dome light fuse. I have looked for a reasonable access through the firewall and have fallen short on that as well. Does anyone have any tips on that?

Do you have the diagram of the electrical circuit or the manual?

Connect power directly from the always on fuse.
If you can't find an always on fuse, connect directly from the battery;
continue the connection through the firewall (may have to search how on google - I heard it was just right of the gas pedal);
continue the connection under the dash to the hidden Lk-530;
continue from under the dash to the door and up the door trim towards the ceiling;
and finish by connecting across the ceiling straight to the input of the Lk-7900.

If you see an air bag along the edge of the ceiling near where the window rolls up,
run the wire under the air bag so that it won't be blocked by the camera wires.

Back