LK7950 Firmware Fi21 - Sd card error & Korean voice

Hai Pham

Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
Dash Cam
Lukas 7950 WD
After upgrading to Fi21 through SD card, my 7950 is Non-OBD type kept reporting SD card error. I have done following steps to make the new firmware works with my 128Gb SD card:

1. Format with windows explorer: exFat & 64kilobytes. Lukas viewer could not format the card with default parameters of Fat32 & 32k that could not be changed.
2. Use Lukas viewer (Version 2.0.2 updated on Apr 7, 2016) to format the SD card with Fat32 & 64k and config (with English voice guidance selected).

The dashcam reported SD card error at first, then showed Update (even though the SD had no update file) and works normally with Korean voice guidance :(.

The most useful feature of Fi21 is "2. V-out PIP function scnario change" which displays Front, Rear, or 3 or 4 split screens between Front & Rear cameras by pressing the right key.

I'm ok with Korean voice guidance for now but would love to have English instead.

The firmware Fi21 can be downloaded here:
http://www.lukashd.com/gnuboard4/bbs/board.php?bo_table=eng_firmware&wr_id=148

Last edited:
Updates in this version

1. Format-free feature added (image quality option removed)

2. V-out PIP function scnario change

3. Syetem stabilization

What is the meaning of above point 1?

There's no option for selecting Video Quality for front/rear camera in this firmware update, I guess only highest video quality (HD) as default.

There's no option for selecting Video Quality for front/rear camera in this firmware update, I guess only highest video quality (HD) as default.
Hi,
I have upgraded today to fw version 2.1 I am unable to change to English or any other language it is stuck with Korean. I have tried re-formatting cards and also setting up under Windows. No good.
Just have to learn Korean.
The sw on the different platforms seems to be out of sync
On iOS you cannot select language
On Windows you can but it does not work
On Android you can but it does not work

Hi,
I have upgraded today to fw version 2.1 I am unable to change to English or any other language it is stuck with Korean. I have tried re-formatting cards and also setting up under Windows. No good.
Just have to learn Korean.
The sw on the different platforms seems to be out of sync
On iOS you cannot select language
On Windows you can but it does not work
On Android you can but it does not work

Ooh, glad I saw this post as I was about to apply Firmware FI21 (I have the 7950 WD with rear camera and no OBD. I am getting a few "Recording Failure Error 3" which I thought the update might fix. I think I will hold off as I don't want to have to learn Korean.

Has anyone contacted Lukas about the issue with language settings? I wouldn't be surprised if they have no idea about this since they are a Korean company after all. :D

EDIT: I just sent them a message (May 3, 2016 @ 5 PM Eastern). Will report back when I get a response.

Last edited:
Kyle B...please let us know how that whole downgrade thing worked. Thanks.

Hello .... I have a 7950WD and tried updating the firmware from the mobile app ... I only found this thread when things went wrong.

Even though I downloaded v21 .. when the 7950 boots it says v19 for some reason ... and then shows an error thats not in the manual at all and talks in Korean ... see video of error and korean error message which I dont understand. Video of error

I cannot log back onto the 7950 with the mobile app (wifi on the 7950 doesnt come back up .. I have the wifi version and it doesnt startup the wifi network for the mobile app to connect back to) and not sure what I need to do to fix it as the manual isnt much help.

I cannot find any Lukas support email address or anything on the http://lukashd.com website ... can someone point me in the right direction please? ... as my unit is now dead.

Last edited:
I cannot find any Lukas support email address or anything on the http://lukashd.com website ... can someone point me in the right direction please? ... as my unit is now dead.

although they don't look after Australia @Calgary Dash Camera - Robert may be able to point you in the right direction, it's 3am where he is right now though so might be a bit before he has a chance to respond

Even though I downloaded v21 .. when the 7950 boots it says v19 for some reason ... and then shows an error thats not in the manual at all and talks in Korean ... see video of error and korean error message which I dont understand. Video of error

If I remember correctly, I got the same message when updating to V21. In my case the reason was 7950 could not recognize the SD card after the upgrade. Here is what I did to fix it:

1. Format the SD card with windows explorer setting at: exFat & 64kilobytes.
2. Use Lukas viewer (Version 2.0.2, dated Apr 7, 2016) to format the SD card setting at Fat32 & 64kilobytes (I had to format twice as initially, Lukas viewer could not format my 128gb SD card with the above settings, default settings were fixed at Fat32 & 32k).

As I mentioned in the 1st post, once formatted SD card inserted, 7950 showed the error message, then showed Update (even though the SD had no update file) and after a while, it worked normally with Korean voice guidance :(.

Hope this helps.

I forgot to mention, I upgraded through SD card, and V21 was upgraded. You may try to upgrade/downgrade the firmware with the SD card and/or the format.

Last edited:
Hello .... I have a 7950WD and tried updating the firmware from the mobile app ... I only found this thread when things went wrong.

I cannot log back onto the 7950 with the mobile app (wifi on the 7950 doesnt come back up .. I have the wifi version and it doesnt startup the wifi network for the mobile app to connect back to) and not sure what I need to do to fix it as the manual isnt much help.

Do what Hai Pham says.
Update with via the Memory card and your computer.

In my case, the English update only (without the Fi21 firmware) was applied to 7950 which already upgraded to Fi21 firmware.

As in unzip this file together with the Fi21 firmware into the SD card, then insert the card to upgrade to 21?

Last edited:
Back