Loads of F800 PRO problems, looking for advice...

Shootgun

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Thinkware F800 Pro 2 Channel
Dear all,

I had my first ever dash cam proffesionally (hard wire) fitted a week ago, and based on the reviews, i went for a Thinkware F800 Pro, front and rear.

First of all, it took me 2 days to be able to connect it via personal hotspot to my Iphone and even though is says is connected to the internet, i can't use the cloud , i'm getting a ''no cloud-enable dash cam registered'' error message.

Second, it doesn't record more than a few minutes in parking mode, no matter what settings or parking mode i'm using.
I assumed that the car battery might be the issue, as is still the original one, therefore i had a brand new Bosch AGM battery fitted yesterday evening , but still no joy.
Today i had formated the camera card, and set up the camera in ''time lapse'' . Will go to check later on if any changes.

In the mean time, any suggestions or help will be much appreciated, before i'll take it back to the dealer Monday.

Many thanks!

I have not registered my camera for Clod recording so I can't provide any advice on that.

With regards to the parking mode: Check and see if you have battery voltage protection turned on. Perhaps disable the battery voltage drop protection and see if you can get longer parking mode. Be careful as this action can drain your battery such that your car won't start thus I advice to try this out at a location where jumpstarting is possible or you can charge your battery in case if it drained too much.

Good luck.

I have not registered my camera for Clod recording so I can't provide any advice on that.

With regards to the parking mode: Check and see if you have battery voltage protection turned on. Perhaps disable the battery voltage drop protection and see if you can get longer parking mode. Be careful as this action can drain your battery such that your car won't start thus I advice to try this out at a location where jumpstarting is possible or you can charge your battery in case if it drained too much.

Good luck.

Thanks for the input!

I had a brand new battery fitted Friday afternoon, and still no recording...

Does it say that it's going into parking mode a few seconds after you turn the ignition off? If not, it could be wired incorrectly.

Back