Location enabling for Emergency SOS on 522GW

Chris F.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max. Have gone through the whole spiel of setting up the dashcam through the Mynextbase Connect app etc. but when it comes to registering the Emergency SOS function, it cannot do it because it does not have the location. Now, I am assuming it means the phone's location via GPS or WIFi. However when I go into the privacy settings on my phone to enable 'location' and also the health app to enable 'motion detection' it does not show the app at all. This is despite being installed and connected to the dashcam via Bluetooth.

Is this something that cannot be set up until the dash cam is on the GPS base? However it is still strange that the app is not showing up in the privacy settings. I have not been able to actually use the device in the car yet as I am waiting to get hold of a mini fuse for my hardwire kit (my car uses low profile mini fuses)

Is anyone else encountering problems like this?

Also, the dashcam name is listed as 522gw-dg2412 in Bluetooth or something similar but Alexa finds 2 devices, one called 522GW and the other one with the hyphen mentioned previously. It only works with the 522gw name. Is the location not finding the right device?

Any suggestions would be helpful please.

Hi all

My problem is now solved. You obviously have to set up the dashcam when it is on its GPS base in order to set up the Emergency SOS function and likewise the location settings on my iPhone.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D 522GW 4
Back