Location Event files

Rikske

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Hello,

Does somebody knows were the event files are located becasue I can't find them and someone hits our car :mad::mad::mad::mad:
In the option menu I had selected that the event files could't be overwritten but it seems that it didn't work because I couldn't find them on my card?
The app on my phone told me that their was a impact on the car when it was in parking mode 3 days ago but I can only find the files from yesterday and today?
I did a recovery software on the card but I can't find any new files.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
KR

Eric

Ok i could see the event files in the blackvue viewer for Windows but I can't see them from 3 days ago?
I found some event files from past month so their it worked fine, I guess i am screwed ....
I hope someone could help me.

There's only a few folders on the card if it's not there then it's overwritten. I'm assuming you have 16GB card?

No i have a Samsung EVO 128GB and I've selected the option that event files can't be overwritten.

BlackVue saves 50 event files if you have the option selected.

Do you see 50 files in your event folder?

Are you sure you received an impact notification event on your phone and not another type of notification?

You can check if your event files are being locked/saved into the event folder by pressing the event button on the side of the unit.

Are you sure you received an impact notification event on your phone and not another type of notification?

You can check if your event files are being locked/saved into the event folder by pressing the event button on the side of the unit.

When I check on the Blackvue app on my phone under Cloud -- Notifications I can see there that it mentioned a "colission in parking mode" with the hour but this event wasn't marked as an event so it was overwritten by newer files.
I thought that that kind of events were saved on the card and could not be overwritten (because i checked the option do not overwrite event files) in my options.

And I don't have an event folder on my card I only have: Config - Record - System but no event folder?
Also I only have a button on the left side of the dashcam but I think that is ony to format the card and start record manually?

I give in. Too hard to follow in two threads. I'm no good a t multi tasking.:eek:

Back