Lock recording

Doug Matheson

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi. I have a Papago Gosafe 381. I have update the firmware to v1.14
I am a little confused about how to save & lock a recording. So say I am driving, something happens that the video has captured( for example witnessed an accident I was not involved in so motion detection is not a factor) and I want to insure that section of recording is not recorded over in the next loop cycle. I thought pressing Manual Emergency Recording button write protected that segment. I have tested this and not gotten reliable saves. All the files will be written over and what I thought I had locked, is no longer there. I would consider this to be a very high importance factor if not the highest in a dash cam. On the Papago website FAQ it says "If you want to ensure that a particular file does not get erased simply back it up." Back it up to what? How? What if I am on an extended trip that exceeds the loop cycle time? What am I doing wrong? This is very important and I would think, should be very simple. Thank you for any help.

Do you mean 381 or 318?

If it's 318, the event is triggered by the left REC button.
dsc02322-papago-gosafe318-jpg.14801

The event files are saved inside RO subfolder, not with other normal video files.

papago-gosafe-318-folder-files-png.14846

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a 381. I have a Mac the the subfolders are a bit different than on Windows but I think that is the idea. Thank you for your time and the reply.

Back