locked videos

Perrico

Reaction score
Country
Canada
My friend was involved in a minor collision. No one hurt but enough that his DDPai should have locked the video that was recording during the impact.
He can see the two videos that were saved before and after but he can't find the one that should have been locked.
He's looked via the app and also at the SD card directly on his PC at the emergency section but no video to be found.

Anyone else experience this?

What model DDPai mini ?

Mini , mini2 , mini2P ?

Last edited:
It's the mini.
I bought the same one for my wife so I'm concerned about having the same problem. And since these aren't removable (without destroying the adhesive), I can't do an impact test to see whether or not it is indeed saving to an emergency folder.

This is exactly the one I got:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/B01CZDL2T2

Poor resolution on the 1080P mini , I've a mini2 1440P , you can test impact file lock flicking the camera and or flicking when in time lapse parking mode to see if it comes out of of 1f/s to normal 25f/s , this is indicated by a change of led colour and happens even when I enter the car .

The G sensors sometimes even sense the door opening / sit in , but always the close.

Maybe I need to make some adjustments to the G sensor sensitivity (if possible).
I wasn't able to get the camera to lock a video by flicking/ hitting it.

So I got a chance to heck my camera now since I had to remove it from the car.
Just tested out the impact sensor and no emergency file was saved. It's just recording as usual. Seems to capture still photos though when it senses an impact.
Another strange thing is I formatted the card but it was still showing the same amount of storage used. When I looked on the computer, all the old files I expected to be deleted were put into a "tmp" folder and not erased.
I'll continue some testing but it's looking like I may scrap this thing if it's not doing what it's supposed to do.

And my sensor is set to middle.

I'm having the same problem with a mini 2. No emergency files are saved.

I know the g sensor is working, because if the camera is in parking mode (blue LED) and I flick it, the camera wakes up into normal mode (orange LED)

I have the G sensor set to 'middle'.

Has anyone else been able to confirm how the emergency file saving works? I want to be confident that if I have a crash it will save the video.

Can't expect many emergency videos just like we can't verify airbag workable:
1, Generally speaking, it can only be triggered when in collision or similar situations;
2, Emergency videos can't be overwritten by loop recording, it will significantly shrink storage space if too many emergency videos;
3, G-sensor sensitivity is an art of balance, it can't be too sensisitive.

Unlike an airbag, the emergency file can be recorded more than once and then deleted. And presumably the manufacturer has tested the airbags. I wouldn't be very happy if my car manufacturer told me "the airbag may work or it may not, we don't know".

I have the camera out of the car and have dropped it to simulate a crash. No emergency file was recorded.

There MUST be some way to test the emergency recording.

If I can't be sure the camera will save video in a crash, then there is no point in having the camera.

Unlike an airbag, the emergency file can be recorded more than once and then deleted. And presumably the manufacturer has tested the airbags. I wouldn't be very happy if my car manufacturer told me "the airbag may work or it may not, we don't know".

I have the camera out of the car and have dropped it to simulate a crash. No emergency file was recorded.

There MUST be some way to test the emergency recording.

If I can't be sure the camera will save video in a crash, then there is no point in having the camera.
Hello friend,

1, Forgive me if I am offended;

2, Checked with DDPai engineer and got to know the trigger value of corresponding sensitivity:
#define GSENSOR_PARKING_AWAKEN_VAL_SC7A20 70
#define WEB_D_GSENSOR_HIGH_VALUE_SC7A20 260
#define WEB_D_GSENSOR_MID_VALUE_SC7A20 290
#define WEB_D_GSENSOR_LOW_VALUE_SC7A20 320

3, As we can see that the camera can be waken up easily from "auto shutdown" when in "parking mode", it means the G-sensor plays its role normally;

4, Specific case about highest trigger value "260": the car goes through the speed bump, you could verify it, thanks.

5, BTW, please do remember to upgrade camera firmware to the newest, you could find new firmware(if available) in APP---ME---About, thanks.

No offence taken, I appreciate your detailed response, thank you! :)

So just to clarify, you're saying that it's much more sensitive for waking from parking mode than it would be for emergency record. This seems sensible.

I have driven over many speed bumps and it doesn't trigger an emergency file. I've tried knocking the camera fairly firmly, but I can't seem to trigger an emergency recording.

I upgraded the firmware last week, so I'm on version v3.5.2.35

If in collision and able to push the snapshot button , I believe these are then locked files and only cleared if card is reformatted ?

Back