Locking up.

WetMacula

Reaction score
Country
United States
Mine has locked up on a few occasions this summer. The LED's stay lit but the LCD won't turn on and the power switch does nothing. Pulling the power cable resets it. Using a Transcend 600x 128 GB card. Hardwired in to the car radio with a Lukas LK-290 battery discharge prevention device on the highest voltage setting. Hard to tell when it happens because sometimes the unit will reboot and chime when I start the car and sometimes it will keep running. I assume the car starter voltage drop varies and does not always trip the BDP device.

It's been 90+ F outside so maybe heat is the culprit. Anyone else have their unit freeze?

Based on experience usually that means the card is intermittently going bad. Please try a new card to rule that out for starters.

Mine has locked up on a few occasions this summer. The LED's stay lit but the LCD won't turn on and the power switch does nothing. Pulling the power cable resets it. Using a Transcend 600x 128 GB card. Hardwired in to the car radio with a Lukas LK-290 battery discharge prevention device on the highest voltage setting. Hard to tell when it happens because sometimes the unit will reboot and chime when I start the car and sometimes it will keep running. I assume the car starter voltage drop varies and does not always trip the BDP device.

It's been 90+ F outside so maybe heat is the culprit. Anyone else have their unit freeze?

When last time you formatted memory card inside unit ?

Few months ago, maybe. I formatted it again tonight. With the Transcend 600x card, I noticed when the ignition is on but the motor is off, it makes a faint intermittent high pitched noise while recording. If I turn the ignition off the noise goes away while it's still recording. I experimented with a 32 GB Samsung Pro and no noise, regardless of the ignition state. Both cards are MLC flash. I ordered another Transcend 600x but 64 GB. Will see if that has the same behavior as the 128 GB card.

I experimented with a 32 GB Samsung Pro and no noise, regardless of the ignition state.
Probably Transcend "getting tired" without formatting. Try to format memory card every 2 weeks ( based on few hours daily recording ).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Daffypuck SGZC12SG 2