Long exposure timelapse (SJ5000x Elite)

davyx

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
SJ5000x Elite. Have i missed a setting or is it just not capable of a long exposure time lapse? It has video lapse, time lapse, and long exposure shooting (single shot only) as far as i can tell. Thanks.

admin i may have posted this in wrong thread? please move to sj5000 thread as i cannot find delete. thx

admin i may have posted this in wrong thread? please move to sj5000 thread as i cannot find delete. thx

Click "Report" and write your explanation. This way your message will get to admin.

SJ5000x Elite. Have i missed a setting or is it just not capable of a long exposure time lapse? It has video lapse, time lapse, and long exposure shooting (single shot only) as far as i can tell. Thanks.
I never understood why it has long exposure in a separate "app" to the normal photos, on the Gitup Git2 the exposure time is just a setting in the normal photo mode so that you can use all the other photo features together with long exposure, including photo timelapse and self timer.

there is an app for night time long exposure for the sj5000x elite nigel?

there is an app for night time long exposure for the sj5000x elite nigel?
I meant that you go to the screen with all the icons on to select the night time mode, as though you are running a separate "app" on the camera, instead of using normal photo mode.

there is no night mode on the sj5000x elite :( i shoot night scapes with my dslr and needed the sjcam to shoot a timelapse of all the background stuff (ie) us setting up and the nights antics etc. It's pretty useless to me without this feature. could this be a firmware fix?

there is no night mode on the sj5000x elite :( i shoot night scapes with my dslr and needed the sjcam to shoot a timelapse of all the background stuff (ie) us setting up and the nights antics etc. It's pretty useless to me without this feature. could this be a firmware fix?
With the latest firmware, if you enter the "app" screen with all the icons then the bottom right of the first page is "Long Exposure", and once you have selected it then you can use the context sensitive menu on the down button to set the exposure time and some other settings. When I tried it with very long exposures for the stars the result was very noisy compared to the Gitup Git2 but I think it should produce some reasonable photos with the shorter exposure times.

I've not made much use of it so will be interested if you post some of your results...

You can not do timelapse at the same time though, as that is a separate app! As I said, it is no problem on the Git2 as timelapse and long exposures are just settings in the photo mode and can easily be used together with some great results.

The-Plough-before-moonrise-Gitup-GIT-shutter-speed-sample.jpg

Last edited:
yeh i did have a go at a long exposure night shot and the results were decent but its the inability to shoot in long exposure timelapse mode that's bugging me. if i knew the feature wasnt available i wouldnt have wasted my £100.. sigh ***edit*** even an external intervalometer would have done the job!

Last edited:
yeh i did have a go at a long exposure night shot and the results were decent but its the ability to shoot in long exposure timelapse mode that's bugging me. if i knew the feature wasnt available i wouldnt have wasted my £100.. sigh ***edit*** even an external intervalometer would have done the job!
There is no external trigger on the SJ5000 - another advantage of the Gitup Gt2!

However, it should be possible to do it via wifi. I don't know if FNcam or any of the other available apps will do timelapse photos?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Y SJ5000 4
Back