Longer hardwire kit thinkware f800 pro

z0h8n

Reaction score
Country
United States
Does anyone know where I can get 20' hardwire kit. The one they provided is only 10'. My fuse box is in the trunk after tucking away the wires. It's short few feet. Any suggestion is much aprreticated.

So today I took out the vicovation. And wired directly to the fuse box with a add a fuse. Now the dashcam doesn't turn in anymore. It turns on when I plug it into the cigarette lighter tho. Any ideas?

I took the vico out already. I hardwired straight to the fuse box. There no more vico

I took the vico out already. I hardwired straight to the fuse box. There no more vico

sorry, misunderstood what you said previously

check your wiring, if it's the three wire cable for the Thinkware some of them are labelled incorrectly, may have to switch your ACC and B+ connections

Oh wow. Ok. Let me try that

Nope..... earlier today I extended the wires because it was too short. But all the connections are secure. No fuses are blown. It's so weird

Use a multimeter to check your voltages.

Does anyone know where I can get 20' hardwire kit. The one they provided is only 10'. My fuse box is in the trunk after tucking away the wires. It's short few feet. Any suggestion is much aprreticated.
Perhaps there is an error connecting the extension cable. It's not entirely clear where there is 12.6 volts. If the dash works from the cigarette lighter, then only the extension wires are to blame

PS: you need to check the correct polarity of the power supply, if 12.6 volts comes to the other end of the extension cable, to which you connect the dashcam or somewhere a bad contact that is disconnected when the load is turned on (when you connect the dashcam)

Last edited:
Voltage is 12.6
Is that at the connector end where you plug it into the camera?
Does it match what you get from the stock power lead?
Does it also match the polarity?

Back