Longer recordings like 9 hours

SteelFK1

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hello,

i have the A119s v2 in the optimized version with the (i think) highest picture setting.
This one unfortunately only takes ~9 hours of material, at 30 FPS, could also do 60 FPS, but it's only 30.

Is it possible to get longer shots with still good quality?
Bitrate is high, maybe set to medium?

It is the high optimized version, maybe take the medium optimized version?

I use the V2 in the back, my V2 in front is sold, I want a new Dashcam, this will be the V3, can it be optimized? How are the recording times on the V3 without optimizing in 4k?

I'm certain there are people using a 128GB card with this cam, perhaps even larger. Do check the forums for specific card recommendations since there are not many really good ones for dashcams these days. Perhaps the best right now are Viofo's own brand of cards which he has the card manufacturer actually test in his cams to ensure proper functioning.

Phil

I reckon my V3 with a 128Gb card, running 1440, high bitrate is giving me ~11 hours.

My Samsung Evo U3 has been working flawlessly through 4 dashcams, see my other recent post for more details.

I use the Samsung Evo Plus with 128 GB, I was told that the Viofo only accepts 128 GB.

If that is not true then I would use 256GB - is that possible?

Given my Sammy Evo 128Gb U3 has been rock solid for 4 cams and 2 years I'm very tempted to go 256Gb Sammy Evo U3 and leave the U1 Sammy Endurance Pro in the shop

Hello,

i have the A119s v2 in the optimized version with the (i think) highest picture setting.
This one unfortunately only takes ~9 hours of material, at 30 FPS, could also do 60 FPS, but it's only 30.

Is it possible to get longer shots with still good quality?
Bitrate is high, maybe set to medium?

It is the high optimized version, maybe take the medium optimized version?

I use the V2 in the back, my V2 in front is sold, I want a new Dashcam, this will be the V3, can it be optimized? How are the recording times on the V3 without optimizing in 4k?
You might find the info in this thread helpful.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
lutefisk A119 V3 7
D A119 V3 36
ENFORCER A119 V3 11
Back