Looking at a Innovv K2 setup

R3Tex

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am looking at putting an Innovv K2 setup on a motorcycle. The DVR would be mounted under the passenger seat, but it will still experience a fair amount of ambient temperature change. as I live in Texas and ride pretty much everywhere. Anyone have any experience with these systems? Any problem with heat affecting them? Cold? The system would be used to record documentary footage on a ride from Alaska to Argentina so the temperature swing could be rather large.

Thanks in advance.

We are looking for bike drivers to test our motorcylce dash cam, I have send PM to you, if you are interested for testing, please let me know.

I have one of Viofo's motorcycle dash cams for testing, it is looking rather good, much better sensors than the Innovv, and nice lenses too.
Not posting samples in public yet since it is not finished, but you can PM me if you like...

The K2 is pretty good but not great- but IMHO neither is any other motorcycle cam right now :( I'd give Viofo's offer a go- he builds some darn good dashcams and he develops them well always looking for improvement of his products (y)

@Nigel Understand the waiting on the vid postings, but some other comments from you on this cam would be welcome as always :cool:

Phil

The K2 is pretty good but not great- but IMHO neither is any other motorcycle cam right now :( I'd give Viofo's offer a go- he builds some darn good dashcams and he develops them well always looking for improvement of his products (y)

@Nigel Understand the waiting on the vid postings, but some other comments from you on this cam would be welcome as always :cool:

Phil
Viofo hasn't made any of the specification public yet, not even what sensors it uses, so I can't make many comments!

I tried it on the car with the cameras mounted under the door mirrors at the weekend, that gave some interesting video, since it is all waterproof the DVR went in the engine compartment, no need to run the cables through the door seals or hide cables behind trim, live video via wifi on a 7" tablet screen worked perfectly through the firewall for over an hours drive! Great sound with the microphones sitting next to the engine! Bumper cams worked well too, much more exciting video then what was recorded from inside the windscreen, and with no glass and dash reflections in the way the image quality is really good :giggle:

Last edited:
Back