Looking at LK7300G

dpick1947

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all at present I am using DOD LS430W good camera good video my problem is my hands, I have lost some feeling in my fingers due to diabetes and have lost more than one or two micro SD cards when trying to remove the SD card from Camera. That is when I have removed camera from car and taken into house then when I try to remove SD it on occasion goes flying to be lost in the room for someone to find if lucky.

I am now looking at the LK7300G with it having the blackbox separate from the camera so all I have to do is remove a full size SD card from the blackbox if I need to look at video files. Also as I wont need to be touching the camera all the time I wont need to keep cleaning the lens all the time etc.

Any view on this camera or another that has good video day and night with full size SD card.

dpick1947

You are not the first who is looking for good, reliable standalone remote dashcamera solution like lukas 7300 ( this model is not up to 2014 "standards" any more ).

For nearly 2y I communicate with some ( mostly Cinese, + few Korean ) manufacturers to take a step in that direction, but because I am a small "player", they dont listen.
There has been few attempts from some of them to build "something" but end result wasnt good enough from video quality recording perspectives.
For sure there is a demand for such systems and its growing day by day, so there is a gap ( golden oportunity ) for some manufacturer to fill it with practical, reliable product. I dont understand why non of the big players ( manufacturers ) don't see this gold-mine ?
Probably because most big players are far-east ones ( Korea, China, Taiwan ) and their local market demand ( taste ) for dashcam design / solution is different.

Anyway, I think the first manufacturer who will take this project seriously to fill in this gap will have big chance for success.
Lets wait and see.

Last edited:
I guess one reason why it hasn't been that popular here is that the camera isn't any/much smaller despite allot of the electronics being in a different box; that doesn't really matter given your reasons for wanted a 2 box solution? The spec looks fine though and it's probably just as good as the other Lukas 1080p Sony sensor cameras i.e. really good (unless there is a fault ;) ). Double check that there is an English viewer for it, there wasn't for the 7300 when it was new. It also might be worth seeing that it has been getting updated as often as the 7900 for example.

The Greensum eBay page says the sensor is Exmor R, so it should be pretty impressive as that is, I think, the back lit type which is even better in the dark; I wonder if it really is Exmor R? It also supposedly has Auto Optimised Focus which apparently gives some focus improvement/optimisation at night.

Price is very aggressive.

I would verge towards saying IMO it's worth getting.

NB Just checked and there is English firmware and viewing software, not been updated in a while as the 7300 is a bit of an old model now (hence aggressive price) but they have had plenty of revisions so you'd hope all the bugs are ironed out. My 7900 never had any show-topping bugs TBH in any revision of firmware/software (worst was probably the wrong trip distance displayed on the video). I just don't think the 7300 was attractive to most and won't / wouldn't be unless the camera part of it is / was tiny; could be good value because of that.

Maybe download that viewer software and have a look at the settings to see what options are available for you to play with ;)

http://www.lukashd.com/gnuboard4/bbs/board.php?bo_table=eng_viewer&wr_id=18

Also.. do a search to see if anyone who actually has one has offered up any thoughts..

e.g. http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/lukas-lk-7300g-need-a-really-good-dash-cam.180/

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know if these or something like it will actually work with a card being written to at 12 MBps (I would guess at unlikely) but might be of some help if they do?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111264606753
... shorter one might work more successfully.

Well I bit the bullet and purchased one got text from DHL delivery today, car in for service today, so will have a play over weekend I will do a review later including my own comments on how easy to use with my disabilities.

dpick1947

Might be Korean out of the box so first thing you might be doing is updating the firmware to an English version. Do this very carefully!

Well first attempt with LK7300.

Unboxed all items correct.
Used Card reader to see if anything on sd, 3 files 1 dat file and 2 files for video, copied a backup to spare 16GB sd card
Files on sd card in total 17MB.
Started configuration program for LK7300 on computer no default config on computer
Linked program to sd card config picked up from card, did not change anything at this point wanted to test as is out of box.

Tested system just by connecting all together and then switch on, Booted ok in English and with firmware FH19.
Would seem that I have latest firmware installed as download firmware appears to be FH18.

Will now be installing camera onto windscreen and testing video and sound.

dpick1947

This is night time video the only change from default setup is that I have removed the G-Sensor as this 3 minute clip had 4 events in it just very small marks on road, will play with g-sensor later.

Nothing doing for first 20 seconds then I drive away.

Will need to get one of my young ones out to give inside windscreen a good clean

dpick1947

Last edited:
Not bad.

I found ( with my LK-7500 ) that changing the G-sensor values to X. 1.0 - Y. 1.50 - Z.1.25 have taken care of the creation of too many event recordings.

It will proberly be a good idea to have the "headunit" where i assume the G-sensor is mounted on somthing solid in the car.

"Will need to get one of my young ones out to give inside windscreen a good clean"
That is what they are there for ;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
PeteCress4 LK-7300 0