Looking at replacing my Mobius with the Mini 0906

Skynet

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo / Mobius / SJ4000 wifi & SJ6 Legend wifi
I have been wanting to add a rear camera so this may be a good choice to replace my Mobius that has worked flawless for the past 3 years.

I have a couple a questions maybe someone can answer I can't seem to find anywhere.

How are the front & rear files written to the SD card? Is the rear a separate file named differently then the front? And are they next to each other in the file list or are these being written to different folders?
Have not seen any videos with he rear cam as a PIP (picture in picture) displayed on the front cam in editing software.

I see there is a firmware update, did they add MPH to the stamp yet?

Thanks!

There are five folders: Front/GPS/Novatek/Photo & Rear and MPH has been added to the stamp.

Yes, front and rear are in separate files for both video and photos, if you want PIP then you need a viewer or editor that produces it.

Thanks Aph,
Good info!

Nigel,
I do have an editor for the PIP.
Thanks...

Any recommandation about the PIP editor?

I use PowerDirector 14 to edit my videos which has PIP capabilities.

Ordered, looking forward to see how I like it!

Received the Mini 0906 but haven't had a chance to install it yet.
Thought I had read somewhere that it would hold 2 Micro SD cards. Mine does not have this.
Didn't seem to like formatting the card with exFat on my windows computer but formatted on the camera ok.
Tested Front & Rear cameras & GPS and all seems good so far. Pleased also with the audio.
Right now it's just laying on the dashboard for testing. Next will be checking the settings that I want to use.
I plan also on installing the hard wire kit that comes with it for parking/motion features.

Question: Where is the unit getting the displayed temperature from? So far it's way off.

So far I think I'm going to like this camera...

Received the Mini 0906 but haven't had a chance to install it yet.
Thought I had read somewhere that it would hold 2 Micro SD cards. Mine does not have this.

that's the 0806 that had 2 cards, different solution used in that one

Question: Where is the unit getting the displayed temperature from? So far it's way off.

it's an internal temp of the PCB

I can't seem to find the procedure to install updates. Do you just copy the bin file to the root directory and power on the camera?
Delete the bin file when done?

You do not have to delete the file after the update.
It is automatically deleted by the 0906 after the update is applied.

Also, as a side note, you can downgrade the Firmware using the same procedure.
The Cam does not check to see that the new Firmware is a later version.

RodeoGeorge

Thanks for both replies!

I got everything installed today including the parking guard hard wire kit. Also updated to the latest firware.
I now seem to have an issue with setting the video resolution settings. Every time I set it to 1080P30 Front & Rear it displays 720P30 on the screen. Going back ito the settings and it's set to 720P30 Front & Rear.
For some reason it won't save the setting?

have you looked at properties of the recorded files to see what resolution they actually are ?
Dident encounter any such problems during testing as far as i can remember.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S mini0906 19
M mini0906 25
Back