Looking for 3 dash cams

k9x9

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm looking for 3 dash cams (front, rear, interior) and after researching it to death (as I do), I think I'm more uncertain than when I began. The Viofo 119/119S, Street Guardian SG9665GC V3/SG SG9663DC, BlackVue DR490-2CH and Thinkware F770/F800/F800 PRO were all on my short list, but I'm open to anything. I'd like to keep the total budget under $1K (inc add-ons, e.g. Cellink). Wants/needs below.

1. Good or better video quality for both day and night. I do at least 50% of my driving at night.
  2. Discrete. My vehicle is often parked for many hours in very low traffic areas. No display is preferred, but not an absolute must. Far more important for the front/interior cams as no one is likely to see the rear cam in the back of my SUV anyway.
  3. For the interior cam, I was considering something with IR. I don't know how beneficial this is in practice though. However, I also considered that the IR light might draw unwanted attention to the cam. The footage does me no good if the thief makes off with it. :p
  4. Capacitor is a must. Temps here aren't particularly extreme (15F-90F year-round), but I don't want to deal with a battery.
  5. Ability to hardwire preferred, but not required.
  6. An on/off switch would be nice as I have zero need to run the cam at home, but I can always wire up a switch if need be.
  7. Something discrete.
  8. Parking mode is something I initially wanted, but after a lot of research I am considering just keeping the cam running when parked away from home as it seems many have had issues with the cam not recording when it was needed most (powered by a Cellink or maybe a second deep cycle battery as I have room for one in the engine bay).
  9. Dual channel would be nice for front/rear since the rear window is over 8' behind me, but not a must. I can do multiple 1-channel cams.
  10. Some type of audible alert to let me know a cam is not functioning is highly preferable.
  11. Ability to NOT display speed on videos.

TIA for any additional guidance.

Last edited:
Just for you reference:the reasonabl buget should be One A119 for front,One A119S for interior,and one mini0906 2ch for rear;

Back