Looking for 3g/4g Dashcam that can live stream to website...

errandbug

Reaction score
Country
United States
I can find some that can do it to cell phone app or desktop software...but not finding any that support a live stream to a website. I currently have a GPS feed that we share on our website and people can follow us that way. But looking for a front/rear view dashcam that we can live feed from while driving.

I don't think that exist as such, very few cameras that take a sim card, but some wifi enabled cameras some with smart features like cloud stuff.
But it is going to cost ya, a dashcam if you want to transmit its raw 1080p footage generate about 100 megabytes every minute, so for 10 minutes of driving your data plan take a 1 gigabyte hit.
And also you better be having darn good 4G coverage or you will be really "lost" as you cant cram that much data thru a flaky connection.
Even in pretty well equipped and flat Denmark you will not have to work all that hard to be in a place with just 2G coverage, and we even have small total dark spots, though new law mandate that all Danes must have at least 100 mbit one way or the other, and two 5G networks going up in this small country.

Some of the Storm Chasers who film and post tornado videos on youtube livestream their action cams. Those are similar to dashcams so that tells me there is a way to do it but I know nothing of the technology involved.

Phil

Back