Looking for 4K 2 Channel Dash Cam - A129 Pro Alternative

bunk

Reaction score
Country
United States
I got a new car and live in a big city where there are a lot of not so good drivers. I do a lot of freeway driving and parking in parking structures/surface streets. So, I want a dashcam with good image quality to catch license plates and all that. My main concern is image quality. I am really interested in 4K, but I don't have any experience with dash cams so I'm not sure if that's overkill or if it's going to become the standard soon.

I'm looking for:
  • Front and Rear
  • Reliable, I don't want to be changing models in a few years
  • Discrete and simple form factor, I don't really care if theres a display or not
  • 4K Preferred
  • No need for cloud
  • Around $300 (not sure if this is possible from my research)
I've done a bit of comparing here and there. The a129 Pro Duo 4k looked good and was a great price but was kind of scared off by the Chinese manufacturing and support horror stories. The Thinkware U1000 and Blackvue DR900X also looked great but they were super expensive and it feels like I'm paying a premium for cloud enablement features that I will never use. I really like the Blackvue but it's just a bit out of my price range.

Thanks!

I am really interested in 4K, but I don't have any experience with dash cams so I'm not sure if that's overkill or if it's going to become the standard soon.
We have a local office in La, Ca. You can visit our store and have a look at this B4k front and rear dash cam!

Back