Looking for a 3 channel camera, special configuration

The B2W is so far my preferred front cam, mostly because of the swiveling lenses and the overall good vids. Just reach up and turn either the front or cabin cam and capture whatever you want. It's not a small cam and the form-factor doesn't work for everyone but if you can fit it well you'll probably like it. The A129 IR has a remote IR cam on a very short cable, but the mount doesn't inherently swivel so you'd have to use a single screw mounting to rotate it. Better vids, higher cost. Most of the other "Uber" cams don't have a way to swivel the lenses; only up-and-down aiming is easy with those. The New W4K is like this, but I haven't seen owner-posted footage from the cabin cam and I don't have that option with mine.

You can always do some "MadMax" work with brackets and find a way to mount cams differently than intended to get normally unobtainable coverage. My old Mobius was such, and it could be swiveled 360 degrees. Almost always a way to do what you want if you apply enough thought to it :cool:

Phil

...Or wait a while for one to become available.
Actually, we can add a cabin camera to W4K. And its cabin camera comes with 4pcs IR light.

Maybe our latest 3 channels dash cam will be a good choice, soon we will look for professional reviewers from DCT.
But rear cam is not waterproof, may develop a waterproof version in the future.

Well the only professional reviewer here seem to be Sunny, he have reviewed a lot of cameras, and i firmly put the dashcam reviews sub forum in his control.
But we are more people that know dashcams, and how they should be able to do and perform.
I cant do reviews, but i can and will share any information and footage ( i have not promised to keep private ) with anyone, so they can be as informed as possible when they go looking for a dash camera.
I mostly form my opinions on my own experiences, but i also have to lean on other people in here CUZ i do not get my hands on every dashcam, and i wouldn't like to CUZ i need to have a camera in my car for at least 3 months or so to form a opinion at least in regard to its durability ( which in dashcams are very important )

And i only have room for so many dashcams on my windacreen ( 5 - 6 i think are the limit i have been to )

Maybe our latest 3 channels dash cam will be a good choice, soon we will look for professional reviewers from DCT.
But rear cam is not waterproof, may develop a waterproof version in the future.

I definitely look forward to 3 channel; Zenfox T3 was a disappointment.

The other 3 channel out there is the Vantrue N4. Rexing recently announced a modular system; up to 3 channels costing upwards of $320.
Rexing: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B088B6372ZVantrue: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B083V6K8RH

The other 3 channel out there is the Vantrue N4.
For a 2K camera, a suction cup is not a good idea, the vibrations and pixel blurring from camera shake become more serious with higher resolution, and even the Vantrue 1080 cameras have very visible vibrations due the suction cup mount. Sometimes you need a suction cup, but if not then it is best avoided.

For a 2K camera, a suction cup is not a good idea, the vibrations and pixel blurring from camera shake become more serious with higher resolution, and even the Vantrue 1080 cameras have very visible vibrations due the suction cup mount. Sometimes you need a suction cup, but if not then it is best avoided.

There's actually an adhesive mount, though I'm not sure if it's really available or not, as I received one after requesting it from their customer service since my suction mount broke.

Attachments

• IMG_0294.jpeg
    IMG_0294.jpeg
    309.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7909.jpeg
    IMG_7909.jpeg
    327 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9133.jpeg
    IMG_9133.jpeg
    404.9 KB · Views: 5
Of all the suction mounts I've had, the one on my VanTrue N2Pro was quite solid. I never saw any signs of vibration or looseness with it even in my rough-riding workvan. A sticky-mount is better for a permanent install to be sure. I find that most of the vibration and looseness in mounts is where the cam and mount interface together, and that can happen with either kind of mount. It was so hard to separate my VanTrue there that I just undid the suction mount instead for fear of breaking something :p

Same as with 4K cams, 3-channel cams are relatively new and relatively few, so best to expect some issues and some future improvements with them. Dashcams evolve slowly, so by the time near-perfect comes along, something newer is there to eclipse it and start the process over again :rolleyes: Know what you want, learn about what is available, then decide what to do from there. Might as well buy something if you have nothing, because any reliable cam is better than no cam at all :cool:

Phil

Actually, we can add a cabin camera to W4K. And its cabin camera comes with 4pcs IR light.

I can’t find anything about the cabin camera. Where does it connect to? Will this setup allow front, cabin, and rear all together?

I can’t find anything about the cabin camera. Where does it connect to? Will this setup allow front, cabin, and rear all together?
Just plugs in the side, there is what looks like a full size HDMI socket (but isn't) on the right side.
Don't think it is possible to point it at the door, unless a short extension cable is possible?

As a 3 channel camera, image quality is going to be at budget level, definitely not top quality 4K, but I guess the price will reflect that.

If you can wait a bit then Viofo may better match your requirement, worth waiting for details anyway.

Just plugs in the side, there is what looks like a full size HDMI socket (but isn't) on the right side.
That is correct!

Has anyone mounted the B2W on the rearview mirror? Does it cause vibration issues? I last had the G1W and had it mounted on the mirror with zero issues but it seems the B2W is larger/heavier.

It would probably vibrate. You would also have to stick the camera to the mirror side of the mirror,,,,,,,, wait that sound stupid in my Danish ears :cautious:
The G1W you probably had mounted off the mack of the mirror housing as it have a ball joint it can flex / be turned around in, the B2W are a rigid mount system so if you put that on the back of the mirror the cabin camera would face forward ( and blind itself at night if the IR leds are on ) and it is also the low bitrate camera of the two.

As I tell my customers, anything is possible with enough time, resources, and money applied to it :cool: But this is one I wouldn't even bother with trying. The B2W is too heavy- that alone means hitting a good bump in the road will cause the mirror to drop. And it's not a good form-factor to try this with. Better to just stick the B2W to the windshield as intended ;)

If you can't do that and must have a non-permanent mount then either adapt it to a universal radar detector suction-cup mount or use a cam better suited to your installation requirements.

Phil

And when they see my cost estimates they always change their mind :ROFLMAO:

Phil

Back