Looking for a basic cam

I bought this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00EHD8J6S
It has to be connected to an RCA input and not the blue camera wire on the back of the head unit. It doesn't record though, I'm putting in a second Mobius for that.

would be ok, not flush mount though if that's what you wanted

what vehicle do you have and where were you thinking to mount it?
2009 subaru wrx.

Would mount above the rear plate.

I was looking at that one as well.

For the price, it's pretty decent. I bought one without guidelines; I find them ridiculous.

You can see pictures of it in use if you scroll down on the amazon page, I know there is at least 1 photo because I posted one.

I had trouble grounding it; apparently there is too much current in my hatchback and it causes it to flicker when braking. I now just have an in-line fuse and attached the ground to a nut and bolt and lots of washers.

The only down side is you'd have to figure out wiring; I drilled a hole through my hatchback and plugged it with a grommet that I had drilled a tiny hole through and cut part way to slip over the wire.

Last edited:
2009 subaru wrx.

Would mount above the rear plate.

not sure that's the best type for that car, I'll ask one of our installers today which mount is best for your model, I know they've done them before so will know what is the neatest fit

not sure that's the best type for that car, I'll ask one of our installers today which mount is best for your model, I know they've done them before so will know what is the neatest fit
I appreciate it

Are you planning on doing the install yourself?

If so, I would first start with removing the panel covering on the back hatch to see what you're working with. I got lucky in picking the camera before doing this; I had empty space to drill a hole to feed the wires and also for the mounting screws. I didn't realize this until I looked at a friends hatchback and realized not all of them have a lip to install onto and then I realized not all lips have room; with the license plate lights and the hatch handle.

Are you planning on doing the install yourself?

If so, I would first start with removing the panel covering on the back hatch to see what you're working with. I got lucky in picking the camera before doing this; I had empty space to drill a hole to feed the wires and also for the mounting screws. I didn't realize this until I looked at a friends hatchback and realized not all of them have a lip to install onto and then I realized not all lips have room; with the license plate lights and the hatch handle.
I do all my own work on the car. Not to worried about the install.
just called and checked, this is the one they use for your model http://streetguardian.info/sg89ff-flush-mount-fixed-angle.html the rear panel comes out, your car is quite easy to do

View attachment 17347 View attachment 17348 View attachment 17349

Do you know how I can get one in the USA?

If not, what is another good option?

other suppliers use the same housing so I'm sure you could find another one using the same design

What's nice about the one you showed is it has a gasket like seal around it.

Any good guides to hardwire a dashcam?

Any good guides to hardwire a dashcam?

I think it really depends on the dashcam. when I originally started looking I found out the Garmin can't be hardwired (at least not without a lot of effort.) While the Mobius has a kit and takes all of 20 minutes to hardwire into the fuse box.

Back