looking for a capacitor for blackvue 650gw-2ch

egonvdv

Reaction score
Country
France
Dash Cam
TWO Thinkware's U10002CH (rear cams used as side cams)
the capacitor died after only a year.
trying to find a replacement, but to no avail...
who can point me in th right direction?
much appreciated.

thanks your reply. I guess I have to keep certain specifications in mind like voltage etc??? (sorry i'm not an expert at all)

the value should be written on the old caps, likely something like 2 x 2.7v 5f caps or similar, sometimes they're wrapped as a pair and you need to pull the cover off to see the individual markings

Is there an option to upgrade here with more storage capacity ?

Hello! In due time replacement to the supercondenser in registrar BlackVue DR550GW-2CH of analog I didn't find rocks, perhaps in Blackvue DR650GW-2CH stand same. Open look. If to find PHV-5R4H505-R and PHV-5R4H255-R ionistor of Cooper Bussmann PowerStor firm, at parallel connection we will receive the required capacity as it develops at parallel connection at the same tension. It is necessary 5,4 V 7,5F assembly (in the original stand 2,7 V 15F consistently) looked for replacement to the supercondenser In due time. I found, I made, works since March, 2014. But my registrar is built in a mirror and places to arrange replacement is enough. In your case it is possible to use one on 5F PHV-5R4H505-R with a capacity of 5F ionistor of Cooper Bussmann PowerStor firm, perhaps capacity will be enough for end rotors of the registrar. How I changed it is possible to look at http://car-dvr.info/forum/index.php?topic=223.msg19836#msg19836
of the official site of the company of the producer of http://www.supercapacitorvina.com/product/5v_5.4v_6v_series.html
Sincerely I wanted to help

Attachments

• Ashampoo_Snap_2015.10.31_22h46m10s_015_.png
    Ashampoo_Snap_2015.10.31_22h46m10s_015_.png
    209.9 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Hi ! I'm searching some super capacitors to mount into my G1WH for testing but there are some many differents models on ebay, aliexpress...

Are they all the same quality ?

I've found this :

I'd say the odds are pretty high that a Chinese seller on aliexpress would only have fake Japanese capacitors

So, where to buy quality capacitor?

The problem with Farnell is very high shipping price.
Any link for the mobius capacitor kit, from a reliable seller ?

Found this: Banggood
and this : Aliexpress

Last edited:
No, not free.
Must pay order treatment and shipping cost.

Just ordered the Mobius Capacitor kit from Banggood.
Will let you know how it works with G1WH

Just ordered the Mobius Capacitor kit from Banggood.
Will let you know how it works with G1WH

I'm afraid the Mobius capacitor kit will not work in a G1WH because it has only 5F capacitors. At the very least a G1WH would require two 10F super-capacitors. The Mobius has no screen, beep sounds/speaker or other bells and whistles and therefore can get away with the lower capacity capacitors. Of course, as discussed elsewhere, the G1WH will not work long term with capacitors unless it has firmware designed for super-capacitors.

Back