Looking for a Dash Cam Mount with chamfered holes for optional screw mounting

mcpascaln

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am looking to install my Rexing - V1P Dual Dash Camera – Black over the rooftop of my 2005 Mazda Tribute. The adhesive are not working. It has fallen off from windscreen twice during hot days. I do not think suction cup mount would be the solution. I am looking for Dash cam mount for this camera unit or something universal that has chamfered holes for optional screw mounting overhead the internal rooftop just close to the sun visor. Please, help with links to purchase it.

You could drill holes in your current mount for screws. Although the screw heads will be visible the mount should stay in place. You can buy black screws or paint screws black to hide them.
Here is exactly what one mobius user did to get a screwed in place mount when none were readily available commercially.

cimg6223a-jpg.1857

Just drill straight holes and use "pan head" screws. Those have a flat bottom and domed or semi-domed heads so will not need a chamfer. Or carefully use a larger bit turned by hand to create some chamfer. Those won't be perfect as a true chamfer is 90 degrees will drills are cut to 60 degrees, but it usually works well enough. Chamfer cutters are just a couple bucks online or at places like Harbor Freight, Northern Tools, and Tractor Supply.

Phil

Great comments and very encouraging. I deeply appreciate that. Wondering if this would be a good fit for the my Rexing - V1P Dual Dash. Camera . I thought this Dash Cam has specific mount that is not universal. Its bottom is not even flat as can been in this uploaded image for your kind review. This will present a drilling challenge really. Wondering how others with amount like this have overcome it? The other item is from www.thedashcamstore.com and it costs $9.99. It would have been a perfect fit but unfortunately, its listed as only compatible with the Mini300 dashcams.

Attachments

• dash can.jpg
    dash can.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 5
  • dash2.jpg
    dash2.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Looking at that suction mount, what I would do is unscrew the knob where it pivots, remove that bolt, then hit the hardware store for a small "flat brace" which can be bent into a flat-bottomed "U" shape with pliers, then screwed to the car. Get a size that fits the bolt on the mount and you won't have any drilling to do. Some black paint to make it pretty and you're all set.
038613226807lg.jpg

Phil

Back