Looking for a dash cam - Uber

Ttsoldier

Reaction score
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
I'll start with saying that I've never owned a dash cam so I'm not very familiar with them.

I started driving for Uber about 5 months ago and I think it's time I invest in a dash cam.

I'm looking for a dash cam that can record the front and inside the vehicle . I would also like the dash cam to be able to upload to the cloud automatically. The reason I want this is because crime is very bad where I am from and in the event that I am robbed of my car and / or phone I would like to be able to access the footage in the cloud. Based on some research it seems only the blackvue does this but that's a hefty price tag.

I know there are dash cams with WiFi built in but I'm not sure how the wifi works.

I know your phone can connect to the dash cam to view the videos. Is it possible that the videos can be automatically downloaded to your phone?. If yes, that's fine because I can just sync the recordings folder to my phone automatically.

I also have a unlimited wifi hotspot in my car. My phone is always connected to it.

Can the dash cam connect to that network and files can be transferred to my phone through that network or it must be that my phone connects to the dash cam wifi. Of so that won't be convenient because I'll have to keep disconnecting my phone from the hotspot and connecting it to the dash cam wifi.

I would like an automatic , seamless process.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Back