Looking for a dash cam with clamp mount

Ksinley

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, I am looking for a good dash cam that comes with a clamping mount over the stem of the rearview mirror. Most of the dash cams that i see come only with a suction cup. Which im afraid will drop often. So i would rather have a clamp to help hold it on. Also i do not want a rearview mirror style dash cam.

My budget is under $200. I dont mind if it needs a microsd card for saving the videos. Also have night vision as well. I would prefer it would be running via a cigarette lighter instead of just on battery.

So anyone have some good ideas on what cameras i can get that includes a clamp style mount?

Is viofo a good brand? Ive had several other g1w type cameras and both eventually failed with an error message or distorted camera after about 1 year of usage

Yes, Viofo is a good brand for dash camera!
And suggest you this B1W Dash camera if you want a good error notifications dash camera!

Yes, Andrew reviewed this dash camera on Youtube, might you have a look at...

Ok thank you. I will do some researching before i ultamitaly buy one for a day or so.
The b1w cam seems to have a sticky back, how well is the stickiness? Also does it leave a sticky residue on the windshield after its been on for awhile?

Ok thank you. I will do some researching before i ultamitaly buy one for a day or so.
The b1w cam seems to have a sticky back, how well is the stickiness? Also does it leave a sticky residue on the windshield after its been on for awhile?
Rear mirror mount for B1W is available now on eBay now :)

Back