Looking for a dashcam recording 24/7

thebotan

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello, I need a camera that can record in full HD 24/7 set to motion detect or shock detection. I've tried innovv so far and it won't record for more than a day before bugging and not recording.
Basically I just need the camera to be super reliable and be able to record for weeks without issues, something very solid. These cameras look decent. I just wanted some users with experience. Has anyone used it to record for days/weeks on motion detection or shock sensor without any issues? Another issue is heat. Placed under the windshield, on some super hot days, does it still stay reliable?

Not reliable enough for 24/7 useage. You should look for a dashcam with capacitors.

Get @RoadCam to hook you up with a Panorama.

You've got to pay a bit more for what you want but they're known to be reliable for the sorts of needs you have.

The record for weeks might be a little out of reach. Things happen and you should check the camera and format the card from time to time. On top of that a good DashCam can only hold maybe 5 hours of footage before looping.

If you want to realistically record for days I would look at a CCTV type system.
If you are looking to do it on the cheap I would suggest the D-Link 932L type series. There is a 32L 33L 42L and each have different things about them.

If you are dead set on using a VicoVation DashCam to accomplish your task I would look at the Marcus 3 with 64GB card support out of the box or with a firmware update. Still keeping the small size factor and having an easy to add on CPL bracket as well.

Sorry I forgot to specify that I'm looking for a small camera. Panorama and D-Link 932L are just too big and obvious. I'm looking for something small like mini 0803. Panorama will get stolen 100%.
The reason I posted in different cameras' forums is because these companies had small HD cameras and I just wanted to find out which model was reliable for my needs.
I don't want to record for days non stop, just on shock control or motion control. So if I start the car and go somewhere, the shock sensor will sense and will start recording for as long as I'm driving. And when I park the car, it will stop recording and will only activate on impact on vibration.
Using it in this way, my 64GB card in loop mode should be good for a few days, which is more than enough if anything happens.

most of the cameras don't meet your usage requirements, no need to post in individual threads regardless, it just clutters up the forum

most of the cameras don't meet your usage requirements, no need to post in individual threads regardless, it just clutters up the forum
Actually they all do :) That's why I posted in those forums. So that those using the particular brand of the camera can attest to how well they perform. I just need some user experience to find out which camera is actually reliable. They all say motion detection, shock detection, 1080p etc.

Just seen this from a link on the PocketGPSworld newsletter
http://commercial.roadhawk.co.uk/roadhawk-e10-multi-camera-dvr
Not cheap and not something I'm looking for but the OP might be interested.
Frank
The price is okay but I think this is like 24/7 recording without interruptions. I just need something that records automatically when I start driving and that will be on motion detection of shock detection when the car is parked.
I don't want to have indiscriminate recording 24/7. I'm okay with just 1 camera in the front also.

Anyway thanks for the help guys, I will continue looking :)

Actually I'd have to go back and look at all the places you'd posted but I noticed more than a few that did not meet your needs, while almost all cameras have a motion detection option, most don't work well enough to be considered for what you want, anything with a battery is also not suitable

Back