Looking for a dashcam that supports RTSP

BigbillSD

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am currently using an older Blackvue but its a pain to pull the card each time to see if its even recording. I want to be able to use my RV's BlueIris app to download and record the Dashcams video to the hard drive.

Is there a list of dashcams that support that protocol? Thanks, Bill

Viofo A129, although RTSP is only for live video, recorded is available over HTTP.

Nice, I don't see anything in the description about RTSP. Also, I really cannot use the rear camera. Is there an A129 without that part? -Bill

"A129 Duo" is the version with the rear camera, it is available as a single camera too.

Don't expect to get full detail over the RTSP, it will use a lower bitrate with the Wi-Fi turned on, and I'm not sure the RTSP stream is full 1080 either, but it is there and does work, and used normally it is one of the best cameras.

Nice, I don't see anything in the description about RTSP. Also, I really cannot use the rear camera. Is there an A129 without that part? -Bill
The main body without rear camera sold separately.
RTSP URL is rtsp://192.168.1.254.
In the near future, we will update the firmware to support station mode.

Whats the partnumber for the single camera that supports rtsp? -Bill

BTW, this Dashcam does support DHCP right? I use different networks in my RV depending on what source is up and providing Internet access. That .254 address seemed odd to be called out like that for RTSP access.

Last edited:
Whats the partnumber for the single camera that supports rtsp? -Bill

BTW, this Dashcam does support DHCP right? I use different networks in my RV depending on what source is up and providing Internet access. That .254 address seemed odd to be called out like that for RTSP access.
You can buy from this link.
It is better to wait future firmware to support station mode, so it can connect with wireless router.

If it doesn't support station mode now, how could it be accessed wirelessly now? Or are you saying it acts as an AP itself so only a "client" can connect to it? Thanks, Bill

What is the ETA for that firmware implementation?

If it doesn't support station mode now, how could it be accessed wirelessly now? Or are you saying it acts as an AP itself so only a "client" can connect to it?
Correct, like most dashcams, it is currently designed for a mobile phone to connect to its AP, although it can support more than one client. Not really an issue for your in-car laptop to access it, and saves you having another DHCP server in the car. Not so good if you want it to appear on a home network without needing a router.

If it doesn't support station mode now, how could it be accessed wirelessly now? Or are you saying it acts as an AP itself so only a "client" can connect to it? Thanks, Bill

What is the ETA for that firmware implementation?
We can add this next month, currently busy working on A119 V3 and A129 Pro.

We can add this next month, currently busy working on A119 V3 and A129 Pro.
If I have a mobile router with Internet access in my car, I need a dashcam that can connect via Wi-Fi in Client mode, now do you mean this?
In other words, there should be a switch in the dash so that it can be included as an access point (as all dashcams now have) or as a Сlient (BlackVue DR500GW had this)

At the Russian forum 4PDA already ask questions about this, the owners have on board a mobile router with inexpensive unlimited traffic and would like to connect the dashcam to the network in the car

Any news on firmware with Station (Client) Mode support?
I am still waiting to buy one of these. Has the new Station Mode firmware been implemented? Its been a couple years since you said it would be soon. -Bill

Back