Looking for a dashcamera that can record license plates

ryanlin2002

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all,

I am looking to buy a quality dash-camera that can record license plates during the day/night. Any suggestions? The budget is around $250-300 USD.

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi all,

I am looking to buy a quality dash-camera that can record license plates during the day/night. Any suggestions? The budget is around $250-300 USD.

Thanks,

Ryan
Hi, We have released a full HD Action Cam --Dimika 1080 recently. It is a wonderful action cam with high dash cam quality. Hope it can help you.
For more information please refer to our website:http://dimikacamera.com/
You can also refer to our official blog:http://dimikacamera.com/blog/

Hi all,

Thanks,

Ryan

No camera can read a plate at night every time. Things like head lights, the way they are aimed, and distance can help or hurt seeing a plate at night. User niko has done a write up about it somewhere here.

I would personally recommend the The Vico-TF2+ Premium if size is not an issue and GPS is not needed
If size is an issue and GPS is not needed i would recommend the Vico WF1

If you need something small with GPS look at the
Powerucc Panorama II

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

Thanks,

Ryan
Have a look here www.reliable-eyewitness.com
We are located in Canada and carry stock on all units.
check out GT680W and GT550WS. . Both are well under your budget and can do what you need.
added bonus the US dollar to Canadian dollar.. gonna be cheaper for you.
contact me if you want a savings coupon ;)

[quotearen't , post: 45856, me. er: 3103"]I try to call out plates so the microphone records the audio it if the camera doesn't.

Though every letter of the number plate is followed by a swear word...... :oops:[/quote]
LOL..

I try to call out plates so the microphone records the audio it if the camera doesn't.

Nice call. I've mentioned this before. Along with calling the plate out every little bit helps if you can not get close enough to see a plate. Car color, make, model, miss matched colors, prior dents, missing trim or emblems. Every little detail helps.

Reactions: Jim
Back