Looking for a dual cam setup.

eBirding

Reaction score
Country
United States
Looking at the SGGCX2PRO(+?) and the SG9663DC(PRO+?) and wondering if there are any other cameras similar to reliability and quality.
What are the main differences between the two?

Some of the features I would like it to have below:
  • GPS & Speedometer
  • Dual channel
  • Being able to view it on my phone would be a plus, but not necessarily a need.

Looking at the SGGCX2PRO(+?) and the SG9663DC(PRO+?) and wondering if there are any other cameras similar to reliability and quality.
What are the main differences between the two?

Some of the features I would like it to have below:
  • GPS & Speedometer
  • Dual channel
  • Being able to view it on my phone would be a plus, but not necessarily a need.
Primary differences between the X2Pro and the DCPro are:

Wifi: DCPro - Yes, X2Pro - No
Dual Channel: DCPro - Standard, X2Pro - Optional
Cable Connections (May impact where you can install camera): DCPro- Right side, X2 Pro - Top

There are slight differences in the physical dimensions (H-W-L) but they are essentially quite small, smaller than they appear to be in pictures.

I have both cameras and with the exception of the cable connections and WiFi they're for all practical purposes the same.

Some of the VIOFO offerings may have similar specs/performance but I have no personal experience to base that on - just regurgitating what I've read.

Last edited:

Cable Connections (May impact where you can install camera): DCPro- Right side, X2 Pro - Top

There are slight differences in the physical dimensions (H-W-L) but they are essentially quite small, smaller than they appear to be in pictures.

I have both cameras and with the exception of the cable connections and WiFi they're for all practical purposes the same.

Some of the VIOFO offerings may have similar specs/performance but I have no personal experience to based that on - just regurgitating what I've read.
Thank you for your input!
Do you tend to use one more than the other? If so, any particular reason?

I’ve been seeing that the Street Guardian Service is a lot better than VIOFO and also read about videos sometimes deleting on a certain model?

Thank you for your input!
Do you tend to use one more than the other? If so, any particular reason?

I’ve been seeing that the Street Guardian Service is a lot better than VIOFO and also read about videos sometimes deleting on a certain model?
At the moment I have the X2Pro installed in my GMC Acadia. It was in my previous vehicle because of the cables going into the top was a better install there and it made no difference in the new ride. The DCPro is going to go into my wife's car - or - into mine as side cams, still vacillating on that but likely my wife's car will end up the winner.

Can't beat SG for customer service/support - anywhere.

Not sure about videos being deleted. Are you referring to VIOFO or Street Guardian?

At the moment I have the X2Pro installed in my GMC Acadia. It was in my previous vehicle because of the cables going into the top was a better install there and it made no difference in the new ride. The DCPro is going to go into my wife's car - or - into mine as side cams, still vacillating on that but likely my wife's car will end up the winner.

Can't beat SG for customer service/support - anywhere.

Not sure about videos being deleted. Are you referring to VIOFO or Street Guardian?
Deleted videos randomly regarding the VIOFO.

@eBirding if you decide on one of our cameras contact @Street Guardian USA for a direct purchase discount, they're also located in Florida
Just messaged them, I’m going to go with the DCPRO+. Thanks

Some of the VIOFO offerings may have similar specs/performance but I have no personal experience to base that on - just regurgitating what I've read.

Can't comment on that - have no knowledge of the issue.
Going with the DCPRO+. I’d like to thank you again for your input! Have a good rest of your week!

One more question, is there a reference chart of how long the battery will keep the camera going if hardwired and running at 1, 2, or 5 fps?
not really as that's dependent on a few factors, size, type and condition of the battery, what voltage cutoff you select on the hardwire kit, there's no measurable difference in current draw between the different framerates in parking mode, you'll find it will draw around 210mA or so in parking mode

not really as that's dependent on a few factors, size, type and condition of the battery, what voltage cutoff you select on the hardwire kit, there's no measurable difference in current draw between the different framerates in parking mode, you'll find it will draw around 210mA or so in parking mode
So basically the different fps settings affect more of the storage than the battery?

Good to know! Is the SD card included with the purchase the SanDisk extreme?
depends on the card size you order, we generally use High Endurance cards where available, @Street Guardian USA will be able to let you know what cards they have

Back