Looking for a Dual Channel system, help please

Mokume

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've perused the recommended forums and stickys and was considering a Blackvue setup, but am now on the fence with this brand because the branded SD card it requires. The intended vehicle is a 2020 Ford Ranger SuperCab.

Here's some of the features/requirements I am shopping for, listed in order of preference
  • Dual channel capability
  • Very good to excellent image capturing, more so towards daytime use, but at least decent night recording when parked
  • Reliable
  • Able to use other brands of memory cards
  • Buffered park mode with the ability to use just the rear facing camera (power consumption issue)
  • Hardwired via OBD II connector
  • Functions well in tropical climes (I live in Hawaii)
  • Small, inobtrusive form factor, prefer a tube shape
  • Decent customer support
Can anyone make suggestions/comments/recommendations?

Mahalo!

Last edited:
2x Viofo A119 V3 fits most of those requirements.

To get "Buffered park mode with the ability to use just the rear facing camera (power consumption issue)", you will need two seperate cameras. Note that on a dual camera, adding the 2nd camera only increases power consumption by around 40%, so worth considering Viofo A129, but maybe not the Pro version due to hot weather shutdown in parking mode. A119 will give better image resolution than standard A129.

"Hardwired via OBD II connector", that would require a single camera, but I don't know of any dual cameras I would recommend that will definitely work well from an OBD, so I suggest dropping this requirement, fuse taps are normally easy to use once you work out which fuse to tap.

"Small, inobtrusive form factor, prefer a tube shape ", wedge shape tends to be less noticable, don't be fooled by the brochure images that make them look huge, they are pretty much gopro size.

The Viofo sounds like a reasonable option. With Blackvue I have never used the Blackvue cards and have never had a problem. I have used Delkin cards for 5 years in a DR650-2ch x 2, mine and my partners and now a DR750S-2ch. I have also used Delkin cards in a Qvia AR790 2ch with no problems.

Back