Looking for a file converter for B1W files

Rob L

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
2 Black Box G1's, and 2 Blueskysea G1w-CB'S
It seems the file format that the B1W creates does not want to play on my Windows computer. has anyone found a good file converter for the files?

That sound strange.
I cant remember if the B1W make MP4 files or MOV, but either should play fine on a computer as it is pretty standard file formats.
The player i use ( pot player ) come with its own codec pack, but there are also solo codec packs ( K-lite ) you can download and install.

I assume you are using the regular windows player, if you use some dashcam player maybe for your other cameras, that might be the problem as it might not support the B1W files, but really the regular media players in windows should be able to do that just fine

What error MSG do you get when you try to play the files ?

I think if it is a codec issue the computer should say so ( missing codec )
If it is a read / write issue then windows should also say something like the file are corrupted and can not be played.

It seems the file format that the B1W creates does not want to play on my Windows computer. has anyone found a good file converter for the files?
Is it a broken file?
It should okay to playback with KM player/VLC player.

Well, I must say that the time I did try and play a file was on a B1W that I no longer have. It was replaced by the Amazon seller and I just tried the replacement for the first time and they DID play. I believe the error message I received was "unsupported file extension" but as I just stated the replacement B1W does play (at least I can play a file when I insert the card into my card reader on my Windows computer).
I run a old dash Cam along with the B1W, a Black Box G1W which gives me much more recording time on an SD card.
I am beginning to think the original B1W was was never working properly or possibly some setting was off causing the issue.
But as Jokiin said above it may have been an issue with the not having the correct codecs, although I don't recall upgrading anything on my computer.
Thanks for all the responses!

Back