Looking for a good dashcam

akakindz

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I'm looking for a front and rear dashcam that is high quality but hopefully won't break the bank. I was originally going to get the Viofo A129, however have read reviews that say it isn't the best. Do you think I should go for this or something else please? I'm completely new to this so thank you so much in advance ☺️

Welcome to DCT @akakindz :)
The A129 Duo is a good cam (y) Some newer cams have better video quality but most folks may not need that. If you're simply looking for a cam which shows you've done no wrong in your own driving, and has enough detail to also show what other drivers do, then the A129 (or even something lesser) is probably enough for you ;) If you're wanting best number plate capture there may be better choices. In favor of the A129 is price and value with great reliability when driving. Against it is that parking mode has some issues limiting you to certain choices for best reliability there. IMHO it's probably the best overall value in a 2-channel dashcam, today.

Dashcams do require good SD cards, and not just any will do. This one doesn't need the fastest "endurance" type cards as some of the better cams might, and there are several good card choices for this cam which also help keep your costs down. There are threads on this here for nearly every cam, so give them a read to make your selection regardless of which cam you choose :cool:

Phil

I was originally going to get the Viofo A129, however have read reviews that say it isn't the best.
The A129 is pretty good, but there are a few reasons it is not the best:
  • It is only FHD resolution, which is OK for reading UK plates, but the A129 Plus has QHD (twice the detail) on the front camera which does help.
  • Viofo cameras do not have cloud functionality, but most people don't need and wouldn't use that.
  • It only has two cameras, no cabin cam. The A139 has an extra camera.
Can't think of any more, what were the reasons given in your reviews? Some of them may be out of date.

Back