Looking for a good (higher end) 2ch setup

LesBaer

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, I'm trying to find a good, discreet (if possible) dual camera system. Is the new Blackview 650 system the best available right now? I'd like to be able to turn off GPS and also have the ability to film if I'm hit while away from my car (g-shock or parking mode?). I've heard supercaps are the way to go as well but I don't know if a system like this exists out of the box or not. Could anyone help me configure a system, like 2 x 1 channel systems for example, if there isn't anything really worth the money out there yet?

Thanks

Hi, I'm trying to find a good, discreet (if possible) dual camera system. Is the new Blackview 650 system the best available right now? I'd like to be able to turn off GPS and also have the ability to film if I'm hit while away from my car (g-shock or parking mode?). I've heard supercaps are the way to go as well but I don't know if a system like this exists out of the box or not. Could anyone help me configure a system, like 2 x 1 channel systems for example, if there isn't anything really worth the money out there yet?

Thanks

Take a look at Thinkware F770. It has low bit-rate ( like all 2ch FUllHD + FullHD systems ), but for parking mode recording 10Mbps bit-rate is fine.
It uses supercaps and quite discrete compare to other 2 x 1080p dascham systems out there.

Take a look at Thinkware F770. It has low bit-rate ( like all 2ch FUllHD + FullHD systems ), but for parking mode recording 10Mbps bit-rate is fine.
It uses supercaps and quite discrete compare to other 2 x 1080p dascham systems out there.

Great, thanks for the quick response! Would you rank it as the best 2 channel system available right now?

Great, thanks for the quick response! Would you rank it as the best 2 channel system available right now?

It would be very hard to say "the best", - it all depends on personal criteria. For me personally there are no "The Best" daschams out there yet, because I have spoilt myself with over the top needs :).
The best 2ch dashcam from functionality and video quality POV till now was Panorama X2, - it's the only one in the world which was able to record at 21Mbps bit-rate at 1080p per channel, however it is bulky and it is quite fussy to how to operate it ( constant memory card formatting, BDP, etc. ).
From design point of view I prefer 2 channel remote lens systems due to maximum discrete installation. However present 2ch remote lens are based on batteries and have low bit-rate.
So if you are looking for Capacitor Based, pre-buffer, automatic parking mode, discrete design, good quality built then at the moment the only one is Thinkware F770 and maybe new Qvia 2ch AR790, but it is just released and there are no feedback on it, however it is also records at low bit-rate ( 10Mbps ), but for parking mode recording it will enough.
Of course every dashcam has it's own pros and cons. Best if you take few hours time and read Thinkware sub-forum regarding F770 feedback from customers who bought it, so you will have whole picture of what to expect. From built quality point of view I must say Thinkware is one of the best built quality.
No matter what you decide to buy, - buy from local reputable reseller!

P.S. Of course there are other other brands / companies working on 2 channel dashcam systems and at some stage we may see new models.

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. I have a 2016 Camaro so I would need something smaller because of the small windshield. As long as I can turn off GPS so my speed isn't captured in the video and also turn off the lane departure annoyances, the F770 looks good to me. I've read through the topic on it and it seems like a good fit. I've got a supercharger and headers so I doubt I'd even hear that rattle people complain about over the sounds of the car. I want it more for security, piece of mind and of course fun :)

Edit - who would recommend as a good vendor?

@BlackboxMyCar sells it on amazon.com "Prime". He is long time dascham reseller with good reputation and knowledge.
Make sure your wiper blades reaches to the area where you plan to mount front unit.

If you don't need GPS speed and annoying notifications, but you prefer truly stealth remote lens solution, then you may take a look at combination of SGRCWPC + SGZC12RC.
Drawback is it doesn't have automatic parking / driving mode switch, so you need to drive with "motion detection" always on, which will also do the job. Also need to buy external battery discharge prevention device and it is only 1 channel system. So for 2 ch you need two sets, where main units are hidden in glove-box. Pros are: high bit-rate, easy to use, no useless "bells and whistles" and it's The most discrete remote lens system out there at the moment which has pre-buffer and capacitors.

This is how it looks in my car.

SGRWPC (2).jpg

SGRWPC (1).jpg

X1 Mounted In Car (2).jpg

@BlackboxMyCar sells it on amazon.com "Prime". He is long time dascham reseller with good reputation and knowledge.
Make sure your wiper blades reaches to the area where you plan to mount front unit.

If you don't need GPS speed and annoying notifications, but you prefer truly stealth remote lens solution, then you may take a look at combination of SGRCWPC + SGZC12RC.
Drawback is it doesn't have automatic parking / driving mode switch, so you need to drive with "motion detection" always on, which will also do the job. Also need to buy external battery discharge prevention device and it is only 1 channel system. So for 2 ch you need two sets, where main units are hidden in glove-box. Pros are: high bit-rate, easy to use, no useless "bells and whistles" and it's The most discrete remote lens system out there at the moment which has pre-buffer and capacitors.

This is how it looks in my car.

View attachment 26210

View attachment 26209

View attachment 26211

Oh wow that looks really good! I'm not sure I understand the downside of driving with motion detection always on. Wouldn't it just be recording all the time since the car is moving, hence there's no real difference?

I'm just curious how much more weight I'd be adding with the discharge devices and if they'd fit in my small glove box. I don't know a lot about these things yet so I'm trying to draw a comparison in my head.

I'm also running a 5 sensor ALP system (jammer) and have my radar detector hard wired. I don't think either options will cause any issues but figures I'd ask just in case.

Thanks for the alternative recommendation and vendor!

Oh wow that looks really good! I'm not sure I understand the downside of driving with motion detection always on. Wouldn't it just be recording all the time since the car is moving, hence there's no real difference?

I'm just curious how much more weight I'd be adding with the discharge devices and if they'd fit in my small glove box. I don't know a lot about these things yet so I'm trying to draw a comparison in my head.

I'm also running a 5 sensor ALP system (jammer) and have my radar detector hard wired. I don't think either options will cause any issues but figures I'd ask just in case.

Thanks for the alternative recommendation and vendor!

yeah, with small glovebox you might not be able to fit two DVR units of SGZC12RC in there. BDP device is hardwired in fuse box area, so it does not add weight to windshield at all. Yeah, basically you will be driving with motion detection always ON and it will be recording constantly due to a lot of motion around. Most SGZC12RC buyers do use this technique. Of course gives you solution to have one of the most stealth install available today, however 2ch set of SGZC12RC + additional smaller camera + BDP will cost you much more vs 770, so if you are fine with F770 main unit size / look and low bit-rate for driving mode, then it is good choice as being your 1st quality built multichannel daschamera, but of course with it's own cons mentioned in Thinkware thread. Later on when there will be something more advanced you can replace it for better one if you need ;)

Thanks again for all the info...definitely made this easy for me :)

The last question I had was if you expect to see any new and improved models launched before the holiday shopping season starts?

Thanks again for all the info...definitely made this easy for me :)

The last question I had was if you expect to see any new and improved models launched before the holiday shopping season starts?

No problem.
Which exact is "holiday shopping season" over there?.
Here in Ireland there is 24/7/365 holiday shopping season when I see shopping mall car park every day fully packed :)

lol I hear you. I guess product launches aren't really cyclical with these things. I just figured new models for 2017 might be coming out in the 4th quarter to take advantage of the Christmas season. Most US retailers make the vast majority of their profits around this time. Thanksgiving week in November (3rd week) is usually when the all the big sales start. I'm sure you've heard of "Black Friday", no?

Street Guardian is working on some new 2 channel systems and has set the bar high, but I'm not sure if either system will be out in time for Christmas. But @jokiin of SG is very active here and is also good at taking user input for their designs.

...As long as I can turn off GPS so my speed isn't captured in the video...
Don't let that give you a false sense of security. Your speed can be very accurately determined from the content of the video with or without it being captured and displayed using GPS.

Last edited:
Hehe yeah, though it seem to be popular in Russia ( judging by crash compilations ) driving like a moron and with a dash camera is not smart.

Speed = time to travel between 2 known points in space that you can measure the distance between, and all of that can be determined by a video recording.

Back