Looking for a good system ($200-300) with remote cameras

BodenM

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi all,
As the title states I'm looking for a good dash cam that has remote cameras (dual channel if possible), so I can stash the actual recording box in my glovebox where it won't be subjected to the harsh Australian sun, and have the screen and lock file button mounted elsewhere. A mic input plug would be nice, and I'm looking to spend about $200-300. It also needs to have good night time video quality, as I finish work at late hours on a regular basis, and if I get taken out by a suicidal taxi driver I will have some proof. Does such a system exist, and if not, what's the closest I can get? Thanks.

Direct sunshine if offcourse a factor, but the glovebox allso heat up to firce temperatures at least higher than i would prefer with a battery of the lipo kind.
But all serious dashcam makers know to use capasitors instead of lipo batteries.

But dashcams with 2 remote cameras is still not common, but as i undestand on the vibes in here ther should be some on the way later this year.

What you are asking for is allso what i would like to see in dual or quad channel dashcams, but the ones thats on the way will only be part of that ( i guess )
New ones i think will be like the current X1 just with 2 cameras, so no remote screen / lock-button / microfone witch i would like to have in 1 unit on the dash.
Allso i would prefer main unit ha house a SSD for storage, and have a USB plug so when you put a USB memory stick in that it automatically unload the footage from the last 24 hour or somthing else depending on setup as it could allso just unload the footage recorded since tou last backed up the footage.

The best ATM for you will be the panorams X1 or the Aussie Street Guardian brand witch carry a dashcam with simmilar form factor, and then there is quite a fjew with a "large" camera main unit for the front window and a small on a wire for the back window.
Dual cameras come from panorama ( X2 ) - Lukas - blackview and a fjew others, top among those in regard to service and support i think is the panorama brand.
Street Guardian i do belive plan on releasing a dual camera with 2 cameras on wires and a headunit that can be hidden, but that will happen some time later this year, and best of all you should be able to pick the Street Guardian branded cameras up in Aussie stores with the benefits that should provide.

Other dual on wire small cameras should allso be on the way, stealth is pretty big on the agenda for most western ppl looking to get a dashcam or upgrading what they allready have.

Last edited:
Back