Looking for a specific kind of usb car charger - HELP

OcularPatdown

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm looking for a cigarette lighter that:
- has at least 1 usb port
- is 3.1A. Stock charger is 3.1A so I'll stick with that
- NOTHING that lights up, including led, voltage display, etc. Stock charger lights up unfortunately.
- has an on/off switch
- reasonably reputable brand

Why?
My car's cigarette lighter port is 'always on'
I'm sick and tired of pulling the thing in and out when I drive
Viofo's hardwire kit is coming soon(tm)... since probably late July/early August

rant: I've been patient since launch. I've waited much too long for the kit. You'd think something as important, albeit optional, as a hardwire kit for a dash cam would be available at launch. Also the incompatible (and arguably overpriced) CPL filter. I hope Viofo didnt rush the a129 to market because it honestly feels incomplete.

Perhaps a cigarette lighter splitter of this design will help in your search?
Rocketek 2-Socket 3-Port USB Car Charger Splitter Adapter-.jpg
Rocketek RT-CC231 2-Socket 3-Port USB Car Charger Splitter Adapter with 2-Port 3.1A & with Power Switch: on Amazon, on rocketek.hk

or HSC Car Charger 3.1A 120W Dual USB Adapter 2 Socket Car Cigarette Lighter Splitter Adapter with Switch Build-in Fuse DC12V-24V
HSC 2-Socket 3-Port USB Car Charger Splitter Adapter-.jpg

or BESTEK 2-Socket Cigarette Lighter Adapter Socket Splitter Separate Switch 96W 12V/24V DC with 3-Port Car Charger 4.8A and here
BESTEK 2-Socket Cigarette Lighter Adapter Socket Splitter Separate Switch-.jpg

Last edited:
Perhaps a cigarette lighter splitter of this design will help in your search?

Rocketek RT-CC231 2-Socket 3-Port USB Car Charger Splitter Adapter with 2-Port 3.1A & with Power Switch: on Amazon, on rocketek.hk

or HSC Car Charger 3.1A 120W Dual USB Adapter 2 Socket Car Cigarette Lighter Splitter Adapter with Switch Build-in Fuse DC12V-24V

or BESTEK 2-Socket Cigarette Lighter Adapter Socket Splitter Separate Switch 96W 12V/24V DC with 3-Port Car Charger 4.8A and here
Thank you. The bestek one seems to fit what I need while looking less cumbersome to try to hide.

The Rhundo is nice because it has a built in timer and voltage cut offs. I haven’t seen those options in other, similar products.

The Rhundo is nice because it has a built in timer and voltage cut offs. I haven’t seen those options in other, similar products.
yeah it's a lot smarter than these devices typically are, the benefit of the timer is no need to remember to switch on and off, the low voltage cutoff is a good safeguard that you don't have in other types of cig adapters also, very reliable unit from our testing and worth the money

Back