Looking for affordable full HD front & back dashcam

MamaBear2015

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Vicovation Marcus MF-2
We're in the Denver area, which has grown from 2 million to 3 million in the last few years, and traffic has gotten crazy - more like LA than Denver, now. From December 2014 to July of last year, we were in 4 accidents. We have street racers, like in Fast & Furious, racing through crowded streets. I've never seen anything like this in my life, and have lived here since 1979.

So we're interested in a couple of dual ( front and back ) dash cams that can do full HD, with night vision, and for under $100. ( we're low income. Low, not poverty, but need to watch the budget. ) Need to see day and night vision video of the model, and reviews on Amazon, before buying.

I know that technology is continuously getting better and less expensive, so does anyone make anything like that, which can transfer a video once in awhile to a home wifi too?

No sales messages please.

within your budget there are no dual channel both 1080p systems out there. The only way to go with two single 1080p dashams, if thats ok with you ?

within your budget there are no dual channel both 1080p systems out there. The only way to go with two single 1080p dashams, if thats ok with you ?

How much would a good one cost, if I got dual channel?

Thats problematic if we have to be honest, cuz all the current dual channel dashcameras have issues at least to some degree.
Most popular ones seem to be the Lukas Brand and then the panorama X2.
I would just buy a single camera for the front, in most cases it will be enuff, suer it will not capture the dumbass that rear end you, but it will prove it was not your fault he did so cuz the footage will have you driving within the law.

And when you have become addicted and provoked enuff by the tings hapening out rear, then you can add a little mobius as a rear camera, its by now a older camera but it still perform quite well.

The right single channel cameras will allso make sure you can have the most optimal system in regard to stealthyness, i think most of western ppl in here cant be bothered with removing the camera after each drive, so they are allways in our cars.

2 Mobius cameras + 2 X capasitor kits ( it is a small action camera so it have a battery, but with that replaced by capasitors it allso have full dashcam functionallety )
Thats as cheap and stealthy setup as you can get at the moment, and the little mobius cameras have proven they are durabele little suckers.

We have at least 1 member from the mile high city, or there about :cool: and having one more to provide footage from the stunning area would be sweet indeed.

Yeah, I understand what you're saying about the rear, but we now have people screaming up to the back bumper, as if to kill us, doing maybe 60 MPH OVER the speed limit, then slowing at the last second. With video evidence, I'd LOVE to report them to the State Patrol, as they endanger our lives!

What are the model numbers of the ones you're mentioning, please?

Welcome to the forum! I agree with @kamkar1 recommending the Mobius. Reasonably priced, versatile, and a solid little camera. Just be sure to pick a vendor from the approved list in the US and you will be fine. Good luck!

The dual full HD cameras from lukas have the following model numbers.

LK-9390AD
http://lukashd.com/dashcam/product_info/dashcam_9390ad.html

LK9370WD
http://lukashd.com/dashcam/product_info/dashcam_9370wd.html

LK-9750DUO

LK-9350DUO

LK-9750WD

And the new lukas/qvia

z970WD

http://lukashd.com/dashcam/product_info/dash-cam-dashcam_z970wd.html

R935DUO
http://lukashd.com/dashcam/product_info/dash-cam-dashcam_r935duo.html

Info on them all you can find on http://lukashd.com/dashcam/

2 X mobius will nail just about any street racing punk in Denver that get close to the camera car.

They ( mobius and all other ) dont work well on really dark streets or unlit backroads, but no cameras do that, there they only capture the what is in the main beam of the headlights.
But from my offhand knowlege of Denver there is not many of those dark streets in the inner city

O and welcome @MamaBear2015, and thanks for putting your foot down in regard to those irresponsible douchebags :cool:

What about these, that I found at Amazon? There's also a KDLinks X1 that's got amazing reviews, at
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00N8BM0BU

Dashcams%20at%20amazon.jpg

The dual full HD cameras from lukas have the following model numbers.

LK-9390AD
http://lukashd.com/dashcam/product_info/dashcam_9390ad.html

LK9370WD
http://lukashd.com/dashcam/product_info/dashcam_9370wd.html

LK-9750DUO

LK-9350DUO

LK-9750WD

And the new lukas/qvia

z970WD

http://lukashd.com/dashcam/product_info/dash-cam-dashcam_z970wd.html

R935DUO
http://lukashd.com/dashcam/product_info/dash-cam-dashcam_r935duo.html

Info on them all you can find on http://lukashd.com/dashcam/

2 X mobius will nail just about any street racing punk in Denver that get close to the camera car.

They ( mobius and all other ) dont work well on really dark streets or unlit backroads, but no cameras do that, there they only capture the what is in the main beam of the headlights.
But from my offhand knowlege of Denver there is not many of those dark streets in the inner city

Thanks Kamkar, and for the welcome! I actually don't think that some of these people are just "irresponsible", I think it's a game to them. Last summer I was doing 55 on the RIGHT lane on I-25 northbound here in Denver, just north of the Hampden entrance if I recall, with a wide open road all around me, no one in front of me for 2 blocks, and this car came up behind me, traveling at such a high rate of speed that I thought we were gonna DIE! Maybe 100 MPH! He braked JUST in time NOT to kill us, and then I'm in shock looking out the rear view mirror, and this guy is manic - laughing his ass off, and banging his hands on the wheel over & over! Like he as high as a kite! I wrote down his plate as he passed me on the right and exited, but the highway patrol said that it didn't belong to a car of that description. SOME of these jerks are stealing license plates and doing this stuff.

We had another car last fall, in the left lane next to us on Sheridan, at night, and he slowly moved over into us and took out my driver's side mirror, then when I beeped at him and followed him for a few blocks and tried to get him to pull over, he sped up and weaved through traffic to lose me! We called the police and they met us and took a report, and later said that the plate didn't match the vehicle description. The plate was hanging loose in the back anyway. We get the impression that some of these clowns may have so many DUI's that they have no licenses, and are stealing plates and doing this crap.

Some, like that last one, a dashcam might not have helped, but some, like that guy on the highway, it would!

There was another time on I-25 at night, when a group of 3 racing cars ( like Fast & Furious street racers ) entered the highway behind us and went shooting by in a group, doing maybe 110 MPH - way too fast to get plate numbers, but VIDEO might have nailed them.

It's just scaring the hell out of us this past year or so. I'm 67 and still doing martial arts ( total of 9 years experience since 1998 ), but am more afraid of getting killed by these clowns, than of any attack by someone on the street.

Last edited:
By the way, my avatar photo is Oz, our umbrella ****atoo. :) He has his own page. You can see cute stuff on him, at Facebook: I Am Oz Oz The ****atoo.

Jeez, they bleeped out the first 4 letters of his species. LOL That's a CLEAN word, forum owners! LOL!

Be carefull with reviews on Amazon and other simmilar places, some ppl live by posting those up.

A fjew of those brands you mention have ther own sub forums in here, you might be able to find additional information in there, and i can see the 2 bottom ones use the same good old Aptina AR0330 sensor the mobius allso use.

You might allso be able to find some of them in the review subforum, just be warned the guys have most likely not tested the cameras for a long time, so endurance can still be a problem and maybe allso heat related focus shifting when the car heat up in the summer time.

Make sure you dont fall for a camera with a lipo battery inside, they are not there for recording while you are parked, they are small and is just there to finalize the last clip in case of a crash where the camera get disconnected from power.
And lipo batteries is allso a fire hazard as a search on youtube will tell.

Hehe i turn 50 in august, and its been a while since i was able to do a front kickas high as my own 6 foot 3 high.
But thats not really needed, a collarbone or a kneecap is easy dislocated and make most think about other things.

Be carefull with reviews on Amazon and other simmilar places, some ppl live by posting those up.

Understand. When I see 7 reviews, it means nothing. When I see 900 reviews, it means more!

A few of those brands you mention have their own sub forums in here, you might be able to find additional information in there, and i can see the 2 bottom ones use the same good old Aptina AR0330 sensor the mobius allso use.

Ah, interesting. The Rexing one gets a LOT of good reviews.

You might allso be able to find some of them in the review subforum, just be warned the guys have most likely not tested the cameras for a long time, so endurance can still be a problem and maybe also heat related focus shifting when the car heat up in the summer time.

Ahh.

Make sure you dont fall for a camera with a lipo battery inside, they are not there for recording while you are parked, they are small and is just there to finalize the last clip in case of a crash where the camera get disconnected from power.
And lipo batteries is allso a fire hazard as a search on youtube will tell.

I see one has a super capacitor. Oh, I forgot to mention that I used to work as an electronics R&D tech for 27 years - ASEET ( Associate in Science in Electronics Engineering Technology - 1969 ). :) So I know some of the technology anyway.

Hehe i turn 50 in august, and its been a while since i was able to do a front kicks high as my own 6 foot 3 high.
But that's not really needed, a collarbone or a kneecap is easy dislocated and make most think about other things.

Of course. :) I've studied Kempo for 6 years now and the higher we get, the more nasty it becomes. Heaven help anyone who messes with our black belts or especially our masters! :)

I have just been a naughty boy, studied a lot of things when young hand 2 hand - knife combat and some things i can not mention today without starting a alarm in a Maryland bunker :D

Allways been a gun freak, but you cant have that here in DK, but i did anyway but thats 30 years ago before my brain really sprung into action.
No doubt if i was a American you will find a hard time to see my walls for gun cabinets :) but thats just me allways liked and done what i cant have or at best what only a handfull of ppl do here in Denmark.

Cool. I've had concealed carry here since 2003 and am into guns too, only I can own them. :)

By the way, on the Mobius unit, I see a few of them listed as "action cameras" on Amazon, but am not sure which model number you guys are talking about?

Last edited:
I do a little killing too, have a .22 cal airgun from Swedish FX airguns.
Only kill peste mostly rats, othewise i shoot a little benchrest and a little Field target, but thats just with my friend as no one else do it here in my part of the country.

When i was young and as all men had to stand before the draft i was dropped like i was hot, the reason i think was i was very skinny for the most of my life, and my father was / is a top commie over here.
So i never got to play with the millitary guns,,,,, at least not in the millitary, but they lost a lot of things back then so i tried this and that too, but wery hush hush offcourse.

But it cant be that bad, when i was sailing i had a range of US stamps in my passport so i could come and go over there as i pleased, but sadly i only had 6 houres in transit in LAX.
Offcourse this was in the erly 90ties, proberly a whole other matter by now.

We will see if i win a little money in the lottery, the first thing i do is get the hell out of here for a while, 6 months in the US and 6 months in Australia and Asia sound good to me.
No wife and kids to hold me back :D

There is only 1 mobius, its black and the size of a box of matches, you have to be carefull with them tho there is some fakes as its a popular camera.
So there is a lost of approved sellers some where in the mobius subforum.

The Mobius is a all American product so you can go strait to the source
https://www.mobius-actioncam.com/
You offcourse would want to get the wide angle C2 lens.
There is a lot of footage on youtube from those cameras, both as action camera on radio controlled things, and used as a dashcam.

To change settings on the mobius you need to have it conected to a PC and then use ther nice little software, easy to do the 1 time you need to do it, and there is allso videos on youtube on how to use that setup software.

Direct Sellers:China: eletoponline365; digitalele889Re-sellers:China: HobbyKing (Hong Kong); BangGood; Singapore: Drone Matters

U.S.: BuyMobius.com, a.k.a. novotm (MA); Massive RC (FL); SPYTEC (NY); ReadyMadeRC (OH); BangGood-US warehouse (CA); JooVuu-US warehouse (PA); HobbyKing-US Warehouse-East (AR); HobbyKing-US Warehouse-West (WA)

Canada: Great Hobbies (PE, ON, AB) Europe: BangGood (UK warehouse); Webbex (UK); JooVuu (UK); Pakatak (UK); ; Mobius-Cam (NL); Revotech (CZ); Car Black Box (PL); Mobiuscam (RU)

Some times we shoot art, "guns" and gasoline what is there not to like :)

phoenix_big_thumb.jpg

I looked at some of the Mobius footage, in 1080p and it's difficult to impossible to read license plates at night, or even in the day, for that matter, unless directly behind another car.

Back