Looking for affordable full HD front & back dashcam

Wow, that many reviews are that cheap to fake? I wouldn't have believed it. I was think - just a few maybe. Or in some extreme case, maybe a whole company could be encouraged to go there and do positive reviews of their product. And of course, I imagine reviewers can be bought too. I found one site where the owners wouldn't allow me to post a negative review on something I bought from them, so that stank too.

Just a suggestion, but maybe you don't need WiFi. Dash cams record to a memory card like in digital cameras, so you just have to take the card out, stick it in your computer, download the video clips you want, then put the card back into the dash cam.

From your computer, you can then view and upload the videos.

Just a suggestion, but maybe you don't need WiFi. Dash cams record to a memory card like in digital cameras, so you just have to take the card out, stick it in your computer, download the video clips you want, then put the card back into the dash cam.

From your computer, you can then view and upload the videos.

The reason I originally thought of wifi was because of my smartphone. I take photos on it, then use Airdroid to upload them to my PC. So if I could park the car within range of our high powered wifi and transfer a video once in awhile, that would be great!

And yes, come to think of it, I HAVE bought highly reviewed things on Amazon, only to find out they stank. SO how can we trust anything if we cant trust those reviews?

...So if I could park the car within range of our high powered wifi and transfer a video once in awhile, that would be great!...
Probably easier and faster to just pull the card from the camera and use 'sneaker net' to get the files on the computer.

I remember last year 2015, the best sellers dashcam of amazon is mini 0806 ( amazon confirms this). But review of mini 0806 is not as many as kdlink s1. (Mini 0806 is not reliable because I used to sell it, then I give it up. Too many warranties).

Looks like you have it on your shop page now.

But you're a dealer, so please tell me... I hate to think of spending $200+ for one camera when I need them for both cars. OK, I can do without wifi, though it would be nice.

So what should I get in the $100 range, each? Good day & night video, dual channel is a plus, even though the back one doesn't have to be full HD or anything.

Here's an interesting and exotic looking video anyway, for one called the Street Guardian:

Interesting question :D this is where reviews can buy :rolleyes:
http://www.buyamazonreviews.com/
we live on the word which we can't trust anything even yourself. o_O
If you read reviews, remember read carefully. :) and guest: which one is real, which one is fake. :p
If you use android phone, so you can remove sd card then insert to OTG cable to tranfer to your phone. It's take about 30 seconds. ;)

That link was just blocked here, as malware.

Welcome to the forum! I agree with @kamkar1 recommending the Mobius. Reasonably priced, versatile, and a solid little camera. Just be sure to pick a vendor from the approved list in the US and you will be fine. Good luck!

Taking a second look at the Mobius. But need it in dashcam configuration. I suppose I can buy capacitor and run it off dash power. Seems like the non-wide angle one may be even better for a dash cam, being it could read plates better at a distance?

I've been watching videos all afternoon and just don't see where I can do any better than this one, for $100. Look at the distances that we can read the plates!

... mobius ... to read plates, you have to invest more.

I disagree. I have a 4 cam setup comprising SGZC12RC, Mini 0805 & 2 Mobius. I find that Mobius performs well at reading plates...

image.jpeg

Combined speed approximately 100mph.

I disagree. I have a 4 cam setup comprising SGZC12RC, Mini 0805 & 2 Mobius. I find that Mobius performs well at reading plates...

View attachment 22458

Combined speed approximately 100mph.

That wasn't what I was seeing in the videos online, Russ.

And I'd love a 4 cam setup but it would be about $400 per car.

I just replaced a CF-100 with a generic A118-C with the newer 96655 chip for about $80 US from an Ebay seller. I live in the heat, so that's why I went with a capacitor based solution, but the CF-100 melted, literally. I almost burned my hand one day when I went to adjust the angle because the pivot ball nut had loosened. It got to the point I couldn't get the SD card out anymore. It still worked, but the plastic housing was deforming to the point it looks like the Dali melting clock painting. At least I was able to run the new rear camera cable by using the old cable. Hopefully the new one holds up.

Attachments

• 20160418_110925.jpg
    508 KB · Views: 3
That wasn't what I was seeing in the videos online, Russ.
The only video that impresses me are simultaneously shot comparisons, such as in Post #63 above. Same time, same vehicle, same lighting conditions. Trying to compare DashCams on the basis of video shot on different days at different times in different lighting, is a waste of time that misleads buyers into incorrect purchase decisions.

I've been watching videos all afternoon and just don't see where I can do any better than this one, for $100. Look at the distances that we can read the plates!

Keep in mind that those are European plates in that video. US license plates are much smaller with smaller lettering and numbers and they often have graphics and color schemes that make them much harder to capture. Look for videos that replicate the conditions you yourself drive in.

Back