Looking for an LK-7300 User

PeteCress4

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Lukas 7300, F500L HD
I would like to hear how the on-demand recording feature works for you.

My experience seems tb much at odds with what the user guide says.

When I press "Menu", all I get is a .JPEG in "Manual".

The .JPEG's time stamp/file name gives me enough info to located the event in one of the "Always" .AVIs - and I can live with that.

But the disconnect with what the manual seems to say is bugging me..... makes me think maybe there's more to this.

Also, I would ask which version of the PC app you have and whether it works or not.

I am using v1.7.0.0 downloaded from Lukas' web site on 7/29 and it seems unusable to to me - mainly because the Dateand Hourlists do not respond to arrow key navigation or mouse clicks - I'm stuck on whatever Date/Hour is selected when the app starts up.

EDIT 2013 08-03 0924:
I have to issue a partial retraction on the part about the PC app. Turns out that navigation of the lists requires a DoubleClick on the list item to select it.

This is not to let Lukas off the hook completely. That's not the Windows standard for navigating a list. Also, there's a little trap waiting to be sprung: the user tries to navigate via the arrow key or single click, the highlighting of the entry changes slightly, then the user figures they need to press Enter. But pressing Enter just makes the window take over the entire monitor.

Windows XP Pro SP3.

Back