Looking for best quality, small size and reliability for under $300.

molson.david

Reaction score
Country
United States
Howdy.
Here is my dilemma.
Currently I’m running Blacksys CF100 2-ch and while I’m pretty happy with this camera I’m looking for another 2-ch camera with better video quality for my second car. Screen or no screen, Wi-Fi, parking mode, options – all that is secondary, the most important thing is the quality of the picture, small size and reliability for under $300 or little over that.

I’m all over the place and looking at Blackvue DR 470 and 650, Thinkware F770, Blacksys CH100B and based on reviews none of them are perfect and have certain flaws. Another option, since the CF100 dropped in price and can be purchased for $120 or so, simply get another CF100 and call it a day.
Thank you.

The CF100 has been hit-and-miss on build quality; several reports of an early demise have been posted. I was considering one myself until that trend showed up- it's still the best "budget" 2ch cam out there ;) SG is about to release a 2ch model which might be a good choice for you https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/street-guardian-dual-channel-version-release-date.19517/

There is no "perfect" dashcam made; they all have quirks, flaws, and drawbacks of one kind or another so arrange your priorities and that will help you decide what you can live with best.

Phil

There is no "perfect" dashcam made; they all have quirks, flaws, and drawbacks of one kind or another so arrange your priorities and that will help you decide what you can live with best.

Phil
Agreed, 100%.
Thanks for the link.
My CF-100 is 2 years old and a few months ago my rear channel has failed, most likely due to overheating, so I had to get another rear camera.
That new SG2 ch looks very promising, too bad there is no solid release date, price or specs, I'm definitely interested, just don't know how long I can wait.
David.

I'm very happy with my BlackSys CH-100B 2-ch

Back