Looking for Chinese head unit

Noonamee

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm in the market for a Chinese head unit but I don't know what brand is good and reliable. I did some searches online and found a ton of them instead of some well-known in North America like Pioneer, Kenwood, Alpine.

I see our forum has people around the world so I hope you guys can help me out.

FYI: My car is 09 Honda Accord Sedan, double din head unit.

Android base with basic functions like screen touch, AM/FM radio, navigation, Google Maps, connect to phone, steering wheel control. Budget: ~ $400

The most important thing is reliability and anesthetic.
Customer support is a plus :)

Last edited:
Not sure there's anything I could suggest that meets your criteria in a Chinese head unit, I just ordered a mechless Kenwood Android auto head unit which is a better option I would think, not sure what they're worth in your market but worth a look

The problem with Kenwood and other brands is that they don't have a variety of softwares in their platform. Prices are quite high, as nearly as a mobile phone but can't function like it, there's boot time and sometimes lagging while using map compared to phones.

I did some searches on Aliexpress and find more than 10 brands for only 1 design and I don't know what to choose from, what is authentic. I picked out 2, one has many customers and good reviews (of course I don't totally trust this). The other one seems to be a manufacturer and their RAM is up to 2GB meanwhile other devices have only 1GB but they have no reviews

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...898.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.18570812yHNm0v
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Nav...3.html?spm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.262.63CkXd

What do you think?

I don't know, something I think you need to research carefully, if you can find a forum where people have bought these and you can find out more detail and some real end user feedback would be best, not something I've researched too much but I have seen these all the time at the trade shows we exhibit at and a lot of them don't seem that great

I had a look around the Internet. People say their hardware hasn't developed yet and there're bugs.

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll contact them about details. I was chatting with some sellers on Aliexpress and I feel like there's nothing such thing called customer service. Idk if they really don't understand simple English or they're scammers . Sellers of small stuffs are much more outgoing

Back