Looking for Dashcam that's portable easy to install/uninstall between cars

smithdean

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am looking for a high quality dashcam that is small, bit discreet ,without too many wires/cables, can easily install & remove, swap between cars, can record good video & audio day or night and can record for many hours and adjustable to different directions.
Sorry for long list of demand!

My budget is not more than $120.

Any 2015 ones that will suit my need?
Thank you!

Last edited:
Welcome to forum !
G1W is good entry level dashcam. ( ~ 50usd )
Mobius is great mid-class mini dascham ( with older type lens ), ~80usd.
Your 200usd budget takes you to high-end dashcam level ;)

From what you have listed, I think Mobius is a good choice. It is recommended to buy Mobius with capacitors if used in car.

I did some searches on google and saw this, The Mini 0805, is this a good for me?

Last edited by a moderator:
I read.There are so many to read & so many to look at. Therefore I need your advice & recommendations. Thank you. Does the Mini0805 have built in GPS where I can get voice activated direction? Does it record location and will mention it when I watch the recorded video? Is it mounted on windshield and adjustible?

Last edited:
Mini 0805
1.5 inch high resolution TFT screen
Maximum card memory: Up to 32GB TF card
120 degree wide angle lens
Day and night recording
Lane detection
High speed USB 2.0
Built-in GPS support (no voice activated directions - dash cam GPS isn't intended for that kind of use)
Seamless overlap loop recording
G-Senor (Automatically locks video on impact -adjustable sensitivity)
Dedicated lock file button
Dedicated audio off / on button
Built-in high-performance 320mAh lithium-ion battery
slide in/out mount - adjustable up and down angle

0805 isn't a good choice if you want to use in rental cars though
Not easy to install & uninstall? I may use it in rental car once a year only and it will mostly stay in my own personal camry.
What's your recommendation?

Not easy to install & uninstall? I may use it in rental car once a year only and it will mostly stay in my own personal camry.
What's your recommendation?

if you want to use in other vehicles something that uses a suction mount would be more practical

if you want to use in other vehicles something that uses a suction mount would be more practical
Oh this one doesn't have suction mount and it only has the sticker to use on windshield right? The red sticker stays glued to windshield ? Maybe I can just buy extra stickers if I want to use on different cars?

There's a lot out there, and you really should read the reviews of the more popular cams, then check the forums on the ones you like to decide which one is best for you. The G1w series, the Mobius, the Mini series, the Panorama series and maybe even the Street Guardian are good choices if they fit your needs. All have their good and bad points but at least one will suit you well among them all.

I spent hours reading here before buying my first cam. I would not have known about the non-recommended sellers offering fakes, or about problems with certain installs, or about temperature issues, or about how some features don't work well with some cams, or about how specific SD cards work better in some cams. You need that knowledge to avoid making a mistake buying the wrong cam and there's more of it here than anywhere else I've found in the web.

Phil

This one comes with sticker only without suction cup right?

yeah the mount sticks to the window
difficult to remove the mount to be used on another car? can i switch side from front windshield window to front left or right passenger side windows? For example if i want to record the experience at a border crossing. Wide angel recording? G1W, Mobius and the Mini 0805?

difficult to remove the mount to be used on another car? can i switch side from front windshield window to front left or right passenger side windows? For example if i want to record the experience at a border crossing. Wide angel recording? G1W, Mobius and the Mini 0805?

not easy to remove at all, suction mount would be far easier, maybe look at the Mobius, it's a lot more versatile

not easy to remove at all, suction mount would be far easier, maybe look at the Mobius, it's a lot more versatile
Mobius Actioncam? Or they have separate models? Does the G1W have different models? The GW1C is newest?

A year ago my vehicle was in the shop for two months for a major factory recall. Over the course of the two months I was provided with four different rental vehicles that sometimes got swapped out on very short notice. I ran both front and rear Mobius cameras with small suction cup mounts. Usually I don't use suction cup mounts but for this application it made the whole experience very easy and convenient.

BTW, recording with a dash cam at border crossings may not be such a good idea. See: "Are Dash Cams Legal at Border Crossings?"

BTW, recording with a dash cam at border crossings may not be such a good idea. See: "Are Dash Cams Legal at Border Crossings?"
Maybe to protect myself from these kinda thing?http://dealspin.com/updates-teds-car-accident-government-employees-lied-police-report/ On a serious note, Iam having hard time choosing one, G1W-CB, Mobius or Mini 0805? I am leaning more towards towards the Mini.
They are all made in China? I looked at seller sites and they all say shipped from China, just want to make sure I don't receive a fake or used ones .

Back