Looking for Dashcam with Rear camera for £60

Hathor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have spent 2 days looking around and going crazy for a Dashcam for my Dads Christmas gift.
I really want it to have a rear cam for parking but I can not find anything of good quality for around £60....Already pushing my max limit with £60, will only go to £70 if its a HUUGE jump in quality but would prefer to keep it under £60 if possible

Anyone have any ideas please?

ebay has £20-40 ones but I do not know if they are any good....probably not

Most likely has to be from a UK shop for it to get here before Christmas

EDIT: Anyone heard of the OTHA dashcam? It has a NT96658 cpu, front SONY IMX323 Sensor and a additional rear camera
Also sold as Vikcam V-168 without rear cam or as ZXS-S3

EDIT2 : Should I go for a B40D with dual cameras instead?
There is a Aras B40D camera with 2 lenses for £42 on Amazon

EDIT3: Another option would be to buy it all separate but not sure I want 2 screens to mount

Last edited:
The front cam footage on youtube to me looked much better on the ZXS-S3 than the B40d but couldn't find any rear cam footage, the B40d rear cam is only 640x480

For me, if the ZXS-S3 comes in budget with a rear cam I'd probably get that, but I don't know how they are for long-term reliability

The front cam footage on youtube to me looked much better on the ZXS-S3 than the B40d but couldn't find any rear cam footage, the B40d rear cam is only 640x480

For me, if the ZXS-S3 comes in budget with a rear cam I'd probably get that, but I don't know how they are for long-term reliability
He would only be using the rear cam for parking so I think for that it will be ok?
Although, i do not even know if it is waterproof and if it can be mounted outside.

they're not suitable for use as a parking aid if that's what you have in mind
No? I was about to buy it! Damn then I am back to square one again...
Does something like what I want even exist?

Last edited:
AFAIK you can get one or the other from a rear cam but not both. What you might consider is a dashcam for the front and a reversing cam for the rear. One dashcam in front can almost always prove that you did no wrong in a road incident, more is nice but rarely necessary.

Phil

AFAIK you can get one or the other from a rear cam but not both. What you might consider is a dashcam for the front and a reversing cam for the rear. One dashcam in front can almost always prove that you did no wrong in a road incident, more is nice but rarely necessary.

Phil
Ok just to avoid confusion, do you mean a dashcam for the front and a separate reversing cam for the rear (parking) with a separate screen?
OR did you mean that something like the OTHA/ZXS-S3 would be ok if I use the rear cam as a reversing cam for parking?

the dual channel cameras are not setup for use as reverse cameras, wrong tool for the job

Yes dashcam lack all of the features that make a reversing camera cool, lines in the footage for direction and distance, also the dashcams have damn small screens often hidden by the mirror if installed optimal.
You can get a proper reversing camera and a 7" LCD screen pretty cheap, or if you car have a large screen stereo it might also have a AV in for a reversing camera.

I think I am going to just get him a Dashcam....
I was thinking about maybe a BlueSkySea B1W or G1W-S ? Both around £50
Any others I should be thinking about for £-60?

Thanks for your inquiry B1W :)

In addition to what I said in your other forum post, you could consider the A118C2 for a discreet wedge shape camera with capacitor.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B01MYTR45Y

Are Spy Tec ones fakes? I read that there are a lot of VIOFO fakes to watch out for.

I went for a Aukey DR01 for £34, I can still cancel the order (EDIT: cancelled )
but I think I might just keep it, might be enough for what he needs and it has a 2 year guarantee and a IMX323 sensor...
I still need to leave some of the budget for a SD card so the A119 is still out of my budget

EDIT: I Cancelled the DR01 order and got the B1W, it looks more discreet and the last thing I want is to gift someone something that will get their windows smashed.

Still debating if I should have gone for the Spy Tec a118 though

Last edited:
Are Spy Tec ones fakes? I read that there are a lot of VIOFO fakes to watch out for.

I went for a Aukey DR01 for £34, I can still cancel the order but I think I might just keep it, might be enough for what he needs and it has a 2 year guarantee and a IMX323 sensor...
I still need to leave some of the budget for a SD card so the A119 is still out of my budget

Spytec rebrands them with their logo, not fake. Their previous model (A118C) has a lot of copies, haven't seen or come across any reports of a fake A119 or A119S.

£34 with a 2 year warranty is a steal, hope it serves him well.

Spytec rebrands them with their logo, not fake. Their previous model (A118C) has a lot of copies, haven't seen or come across any reports of a fake A119 or A119S.

£34 with a 2 year warranty is a steal, hope it serves him well.
Thanks for the info, I actually just cancelled the DR01 and got a B1W instead, not sure if I did the right thing, I am really worried about making the wrong decision

Thanks for the info, I actually just cancelled the DR01 and got a B1W instead, not sure if I did the right thing, I am really worried about making the wrong decision

Not trying to be presumptuous but I'd get the B1W only if the intended user is a bit technically inclined as there's no display, involves doing everything with a smartphone, the DR01 and the A118C both have one.

Not trying to be presumptuous but I'd get the B1W only if the intended user is a bit technically inclined as there's no display, involves doing everything with a smartphone, the DR01 and the A118C both have one.
Tbh its probably a plus for him as he likes having things connect with his phone.
A lack of screen will hopefully be a plus in making it more discreet and less likely for getting his car broken into.
You think I should have gone for the A118c?

As a newbie to both the Android OS and cam apps, I can say that the B1W is very easy to use. It's a good choice ;)

Phil

Not sure that is true, I think it seems much simpler to use since there is no display and only one button.
Yes, there is wifi and an app, but you don't need to use that unless you need to set the time/date, leave it always on GMT and there is no issue.
The app is quite easy to use anyway and setting the clock is one button press since it sets the camera to the phone's time.
Not sure how accurate the clock is yet...

As a present for someone non-computer literate I think it is one of the better dashcams.

Back