Looking for Dashcam with Rear camera for £60

Tbh its probably a plus for him as he likes having things connect with his phone.
A lack of screen will hopefully be a plus in making it more discreet and less likely for getting his car broken into.
You think I should have gone for the A118c?

Ones without a screen do look a lot more discreet and probably uninviting to thieves.

Since you're asking, I would go for the A119 (much better video quality than both).

Not sure that is true, I think it seems much simpler to use since there is no display and only one button.
Yes, there is wifi and an app, but you don't need to use that unless you need to set the time/date, leave it always on GMT and there is no issue.
The app is quite easy to use anyway and setting the clock is one button press since it sets the camera to the phone's time.
Not sure how accurate the clock is yet...

Still requires know-how of operating a secondary device to aim and set up the camera.

As a present for someone non-computer literate I think it is one of the better dashcams.

Don't agree, a dash cam with a screen will always remain easier and simpler to set up.

Don't agree, a dash cam with a screen will always remain easier and simpler to set up.
The default values work fine, and it appears that he has an installer to install and aim it for him ;)

I assume OP will install and setup the camera, and i assume check up on it once in a while like i do with my old Lukas i installed in my little sisters car.

I have the Aras B40D from Amazon. It's actually been pretty good and reliable, being super-capacitor-based is welcome.
But like so many (all?) dash cams with external, rear cameras, the resolution from the back is pretty awful. You might get some idea from this video of mine, but remember the rear view is shrunk in editing, making it seem less awful than if it was full screen.

Also no parking mode (IIRC) so image quality might be academic to you, but take this as a warning regarding other dual camera dash cams.

Back